2015 HPFP upgrade info

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading my 2011 HPFP to a 2015 and want to know if there's any videos or step by step of the replacement? Also if I had FORD or another diesel company do it, how many hours are in it and what's the usual cost? I have an aftermarket aluminum piping kit so the egr's gone as is the plastic y piece and lower intake. I do have an F250 repair cd but there's limited pictures. Does the Fuel Rail Supply Tube have to be removed completely? Also once it's installed can I just load my new tune with the 2015 pump on it?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Book time is around 5 hours so figure 450-550. The supply tube is highly inflexible so you'll have to remove it. You don't have to get new tunes but might want to in order to take advantage of the additional volume.

Reaction score
I got quote from a local diesel company and they quoted 6.8 hrs plus 1/3 since it was a different pump than the factory which makes no sense.
Another company said they remove the cab and I stopped him there and said why in the world would you do that and he said they just do. Again this makes no sense.

Does the supply tube have to be replaced once removed?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ford says the supply tube has to be replaced, some guys re use it. Dont know why anyone would pull the cab to do a 6.7 pump. It is about 5 hours, like said, and a shop may charge you extra for the piping, as it looks like a cluster ***.

If you put your piping on, you probably have the ability to change the pump yourself. There arent any special tools needed, only oddball thing is a 12pt 18mm socket to turn the motor over to set timing. Timing is set with marks on the gears, i believe its 2 on the pump and 1 on the cam. Lower intake, or in your case, piping kit, comes off, Upper fan shroud comes off, vacuum pump comes off, lines come off the pump, set timing, remove the 15/16 nut on the pump gear, remove 3 13mm nuts holding the pump to the block. The gear is kinda pressed on, so sometimes it takes either a puller or a tap from a hammer to the shaft to get the pump out.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You can do it with or without the fan on. A little easier with the fan off. The fan clutch nut is big, most auto part store will rent the correct tool. An air hammer with a long bit and careful placement also works to pull the fan off.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I always though you had to pull the fan, good to know you can rent the tool to do it and also don't actually have to do it. You don't have to remove the turbo at all with a stock intake on the truck do you? or can all that stay on? Just trying to figure out if its best to do a 15 turbo swap at the same time or if I can do the pump first, my 11 pump is week already I know.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Turbo does not have to come off. The special tool that can be rented is for the fan clutch nut. The fan blades are offset some, so i believe you can get it apart with the fan on. I have never tried it, as im a big guy and like room to work.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I just unbolt the fan housing and let it drop down. Also turn engine over via the pump nut

Reaction score
Do I need the IDS software to reset anything or just plug in the new pump, reprogram with the new tune with the 2015 pump and start it up?

Latest posts

Members online