2015 HPFP vs 2013 results.

HPGod

Reaction score
Ok. Everyone claims the 2015 pump flows 9-10% more than the earlier pump. Most will also state that the 2013 pump is capable of supporting 500whp, but the 2015 can support 600.
Can someone explain how 10% increase in fuel flow increase equates to 20% gain in power. (This is obviously assuming the same turbo - large enough to support 600)

Enlighten me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok. Everyone claims the 2015 pump flows 9-10% more than the earlier pump. Most will also state that the 2013 pump is capable of supporting 500whp, but the 2015 can support 600.
Can someone explain how 10% increase in fuel flow increase equates to 20% gain in power. (This is obviously assuming the same turbo - large enough to support 600)

Enlighten me.

11-14 pump can support 550 .

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
whatever the difference, it's substantial...

it's not just peak numbers, it fuels harder across the board. take your entire curve and move it up 10% or more, not just the peak numbers at the high part of the RPM band.

jcain

Reaction score
I put down 560 with a 64mm non vgt on my stock 12 pump. The 500 vs 600 difference is fuel and air.

HPGod

Reaction score
Am I leaving much on the table with an original 61mm Towmax and 2013 pump?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Am I leaving much on the table with an original 61mm Towmax and 2013 pump?

yes

for as little as a 15 pump costs and with it being a factory piece with OEM reliability, it's money well spent IMO

JRLott

Reaction score
Oops. Didn't read the next page first. Bigr is right.

Aaaand here we go with the running components and max capacity and wearing them out prematurely bs.

JRLott

Reaction score
My comment wasn't directed at you, NC. Sorry if you thought it was. It is just my general wtf at some of the "you got a slightly bigger X therefore your Y must be upgraded immediately before it causes a chain reaction transmogrification in the time space continuum and a cosmic black hole worse than dividing by zero" comments I anticipated coming.

Yes, if you run a much larger charger and stress the crap outta your pump regularly, like sled pulling, or drag racing, you might see a decrease in pump life. However, you'd probably see a decrease in pump life with the factory charger doing the same thing (as well as a decrease in everything else life), but it would probably be so insignificant as to be within the margin of error of any statistical analysis and be covered up by the factory charger coming apart, the tranny sh!ting the bed, or other random breakage.

The main thing you are leaving on the table with 11-14 pump and 15+ or other larger turbo, is power. How much depends on several variables and others are far more qualified to give specifics, but it comes down to whether roughly 9% more fuel and power is worth the cost of the 15+ pump. Most will say yes, especially given that it is a factory part and should be extremely reliable. I tend to agree, but also don't think your current pump is significantly hindering you in most situations and shouldn't leave you stranded anytime soon.

DaCajun

Reaction score
For all the pre 15 guys, wouldn't it be money better spent upgrading to a dual fuel system than just upgrading your 11-14 fuel pump??? They way we're always thirsty for more and more power it seems to me one would be having to go with a dual fuel system anyways....Now maybe I'm see this all wrong, and if so, it won't be the first time that's happened!!! :naughty:

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
For all the pre 15 guys, wouldn't it be money better spent upgrading to a dual fuel system than just upgrading your 11-14 fuel pump??? They way we're always thirsty for more and more power it seems to me one would be having to go with a dual fuel system anyways....Now maybe I'm see this all wrong, and if so, it won't be the first time that's happened!!! :naughty:

This is spot on. I'm living proof haha! 15 pump in valley is good though, when you want to add the cp3. Plus duel fuel is probably just as or more reliable.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i totally agree. the pro - it keeps either pump WAY under used and at WAY less duty cycle making the reliability of both increased. the con here is that it costs more up front. if you have growth plans , it's kind od a no brainer , just a matter of budget .

JRLott

Reaction score
Then there is this school of thought. However, with that low ass duty cycle how do you keep the pumps from getting bored? Gotta be able to work them a bit on occasion, like a good dog, or your liver. Gotta keep them in shape. Athletes don't stay in shape because of potential.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.