2015 lag vs 2014

golfer

Reaction score
in the short time I've had my '15, I think the 'turbo lag' may be more in the function of the transmission shift strategy.

It definitely runs up through the gears quick...simply tuning a different trans shift strategy would almost certainly add 'boost' without touching the fueling tables.

(mines bone stock still)

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
After having my Fummins with good size compounds on it I think my 15 spools super fast. lol

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
If the tuning is good it should make 10 psi at about 1400 rpm or so, or at least my 64mm street max does. yes there is more lag right off the bottom but man they pull so much better throughout the power band.

Im pretty happy I didn't buy a 2015 and stuck with the 2012 with an upgrade, tuning seems to be a non issue on the older trucks.

That sounds good, assuming BP is in check.

Reaction score
If the tuning is good it should make 10 psi at about 1400 rpm or so, or at least my 64mm street max does. yes there is more lag right off the bottom but man they pull so much better throughout the power band.

Im pretty happy I didn't buy a 2015 and stuck with the 2012 with an upgrade, tuning seems to be a non issue on the older trucks.

Yep, I could make 12-15 psi by 1500 with the 64mm on my 2015.

The stock turbo that is on it now will making positive boost around 11-1200

That sounds good, assuming BP is in check.

At 10psi his drive pressure is probably less than 15psi. Ebp is only an issue with a larger than 11-14 pump and only at approaching 4000 rpms. And at that it is only a mere 1.5:1 ratio or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
A little off subject but I don't want to make a new thread just for this. I just put in the IDP race tune and it's just not a DD I think. It's laggy in the low RPM and smokey to. Can anyone verify that the hot street tune is better for a DD?

Also I'm in a 11 with a street max so maybe no one has even tryed this yet..

I still stuck at 10psi at around 2000 RPM...

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
1st at take off. I don't know how else to go by there's to much variation in what's going on in the truck. So I just base it off of normal 20% throttle at dead stop to 10psi. I know that it can be better just want to know if the other tunes run diffrent like hot street or even a row tune. I am also working with PIP on there tunes and I do need to say they have been absolutely great to work with.

theplumber

Reaction score
I have ID tow tune now and there is big lag at take off and i don't like it but i talk whit Eric and he said it s normal on 15 .:( big regret to change my 14 for a 15

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I have ID tow tune now and there is big lag at take off and i don't like it but i talk whit Eric and he said it s normal on 15 .:( big regret to change my 14 for a 15

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Is that just with the tow tunes? The other guys with the Innovative tunes are praising them and saying that there is less lag. I'm sure it's that every single person has a different opinion on what lag is to them. Have you tried the hot street tune?

theplumber

Reaction score
No all the tune are like that. The tow tune imo have less lag but it's not like my 14

Envoyé de mon iPhone

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
A little off subject but I don't want to make a new thread just for this. I just put in the IDP race tune and it's just not a DD I think. It's laggy in the low RPM and smokey to. Can anyone verify that the hot street tune is better for a DD?

Also I'm in a 11 with a street max so maybe no one has even tryed this yet..

I still stuck at 10psi at around 2000 RPM...

Did you mention that you have a different turbo setup? I'm Sure you did, but it can't hurt to ask. I'm Running the race now on my '15 and it's been great. The only thing I'm not used to is that with this transmission it shifts so many times so fast that it doesn't feel like it's strong, but as I look around and at my speedometer I know it is lol. I think they have a different feel than the previous combinations because they shift so much. My old 6.0 felt great as did my old 5.9, but that's be they both held first longer.

Cheap6.7

Reaction score
Did you mention that you have a different turbo setup? I'm Sure you did, but it can't hurt to ask. I'm Running the race now on my '15 and it's been great. The only thing I'm not used to is that with this transmission it shifts so many times so fast that it doesn't feel like it's strong, but as I look around and at my speedometer I know it is lol. I think they have a different feel than the previous combinations because they shift so much. My old 6.0 felt great as did my old 5.9, but that's be they both held first longer.

Yes they know of the modded 15 charger. I feel the same about the fast shifting.

Latest posts

Members online