2015 powerstroke regen

sixpointoh03

Reaction score
It seems like every time my truck goes into regen mode I am like 2 miles from work and when I get there I have to kill the truck ending the regen cycle. When I start the truck back up to go home it doesn't finish the cycle. Is there any way to do a manual regen. I feel like if every time it regens I have to kill the truck that it could eventually cause a problem.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Certain parameters must be met before a regen can proceed. Consistent short trips, for example, would not allow enough time at full operating temperature to complete a regen cycle. So in that particular case, a longer distance drive would be necessary.

If the system goes long enough without sufficient regen cycles, it will eventually pop up on the driver's information display to continue driving the truck until the regen cycle completes. At that point about a 15-20 minute drive would do the trick.

In short you aren't hurting anything. However, if the system sees that the DPF remains too full for too long, it will tell you to drive until it has a chance to clean the system properly. So there are built in safety systems to help prevent issues down the road.

crawlerhauler

Reaction score
I had the same issue a few times. I got annoyed with it so I bought a edge cts monitor which let's me manually regen the truck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.