2015 truck turbo upgrade?

jensenrcng

Reaction score
I'm wanting a new turbo for my 2015. My truck has custom tunes, d******, cold air intake & 5" exhaust. I am not planning (diesel owners famous last words) on upgrading anything else. I want a little more HQ/TQ but really interested in getting the whistle back (former 6.0 guy). I have narrowed it down to the
Barder 6670R or the Midwest Streetmax R.
Morgan told me that they will make the same power without fuel upgrades... My question is Does anyone have either of these on their stock fueled trucks and if so what is your opinion and which one sounds better? Also If you have a video of you truck running these that would be cool. :shrug:
Thanks for any help guys.

sootie

Reaction score
the 6670R has a modified turbine so it is going to have the whistle. the streetmaxR is a stock turbine so it is going to sound the same as stock out the exhaust. the compressor wheels on both are very similar in size so they will have about the same noise out the intake (both louder than stock)

if you are not doing anymore upgrades than this, why not just do the streetmax? it is cheaper and will spool like stock.

unless of course the whistle is worth the extra dollars-i just don't see the point...

maxxedout

Reaction score
The Streetmax does have a pretty badass compressor sound to it. It definitely moves some air too... I'm running some new tunes from Midwest, and they have the Streetmax tuning nailed.

Sooner or later, I plan on upgrading to either the new Streetmax (65.5) or the 6670R. I think all of Morgan's current turbos also have the 360 degree thrust bearing upgrade, and that's a plus for longevity.

Regardless of which way you go, do yourself a favor and add a No Limit intake. I wasn't a believer until I tried one myself. I'd consider that a must-have supporting upgrade for the turbo.

sootie

Reaction score
The Streetmax does have a pretty badass compressor sound to it. It definitely moves some air too... I'm running some new tunes from Midwest, and they have the Streetmax tuning nailed.

Sooner or later, I plan on upgrading to either the new Streetmax (65.5) or the 6670R. I think all of Morgan's current turbos also have the 360 degree thrust bearing upgrade, and that's a plus for longevity.

Regardless of which way you go, do yourself a favor and add a No Limit intake. I wasn't a believer until I tried one myself. I'd consider that a must-have supporting upgrade for the turbo.

good point

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
just call me, i'll make you a hell of a deal on the 65.5 and the intake :)

Notneb

Reaction score
Sooooooo let me get this straight... You want to spend anywhere from $2k-6k for whistle? I just don't see the point... if you're not upgrading fuel, and don't plan to, you're literally doing just that, spending thousands to get the same performance... I mean, to each their own and all...

Hell pay me the money and I'll ride along with you with a boatswains whistle, same thing...

jensenrcng

Reaction score
Thanks guys, That info helps.

MAXXEDOUT : Will the No limit intake make a difference over an S&B?

jensenrcng

Reaction score
Notneb : Fortunately for you its not your $... But like the add says, I'm not planning to upgrade (Famous last words). But you know how us diesel owners are, Just want to do this one thing..... then well I might as well do this other because I can now and so on. Ask my wife about me keeping my 6.0 "stock". As for riding around with me thanks for the offer!

jensenrcng

Reaction score
Cheap6.7 : I'm sure you're right, I will be back asking for more power sooner than later. LOL!!!

maxxedout

Reaction score

Yes, it will make a significant difference over the S&B, especially when you're running a bigger turbo. My only regret is not buying the No Limit intake a year ago haha.

JRLott

Reaction score

Yes...with more fuel and another turbo upgrade, assuming you go with the StreetmaxR or have Neb ride around with you, hell yes.

Notneb

Reaction score
I went from an S&B to a No Limit S2, and yes, it's a noticeable difference. Of course I also did my piping when I went to the NLS2... might have contributed to the experience!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I'm running the streetmax 65.5 with Morgan's piping and the no limit intake and she's a beast! You won't be disappointed by any means. I'm keeping stock fuel for now too as I'm just wanting a reliable tow rig that keeps low EGTS. Definitely found it with this setup... Morgan's tuning is the chit, and his ability to help with any necessary issues is top notch!

Morgan's piping is designed around the no limit intake, so it goes together like peanut butter and jelly...

Last edited:

maxxedout

Reaction score
Not to derail the OP's thread, but I've been thinking about the piping kit as well... I'd love to get rid of all the factory garbage and ****** the CCV while I'm at it.

To the guys running the Midwest Diesel piping kit, what do you think? Pros/Cons?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Piping kit is clean , especially the polished version :)

Reaction score
Go streetmax. Then after a month come in here and tell us your ready for more power.... Talk to ya then! &#55357;&#56397;

When he does we got that covered! We gained 50hp over single pump tuning after adding dual pumps on a StreetMaxR truck.

650 on a 65.5 is very fun... 6670 can do over 700 though.

https://youtu.be/9xNP_lx7eiM because everyone likes a sound clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online