2015 tunes

tmk82

Reaction score
Currently have Inno tunes for my truck. The trans tuning seems to be killing my trans. Im aware that some of you have several different tuners' tunes and Im looking for feedback before I buy some different tunes. It seems my options are Punch It, GH, or Sparta. Not really trying to spend the money on a new tuner and tunes if not necessary. For the guys who have ran multiple tuning companies, what did you find as a good replacement for **********. My 4-5 shift is starting to squeal a little and my 5-6 shift at any decent throttle bangs so hard it feels like the rear end is coming out.
I understand its slightly different from truck to truck but Im not really trying to build a trans yet. IMO I dont beat this one nearly enough to have earned it yet LOL
Thanks for the feedback.

oscard0215

Reaction score
In the same boat kinda! Running peeIP on my 15 and trans tuning doesn't feel as crisp as I would want! Shifts lazy In between gears. Going to switch between tunes see if that corrects it but I'm thinking I shouldn't have to. Curious as well as to other tunes, especially GH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Captaincworley

Reaction score
Currently have Inno tunes for my truck. The trans tuning seems to be killing my trans. Im aware that some of you have several different tuners' tunes and Im looking for feedback before I buy some different tunes. It seems my options are Punch It, GH, or Sparta. Not really trying to spend the money on a new tuner and tunes if not necessary. For the guys who have ran multiple tuning companies, what did you find as a good replacement for **********. My 4-5 shift is starting to squeal a little and my 5-6 shift at any decent throttle bangs so hard it feels like the rear end is coming out.
I understand its slightly different from truck to truck but Im not really trying to build a trans yet. IMO I dont beat this one nearly enough to have earned it yet LOL
Thanks for the feedback.

That's weird. I've ran the Inno Street, Hot Street, And Race files on my 15' and the shifts are great. The Pip V7 files were good, But the V7.2 or whatever had some issues with slamming into gear.

Charles

tmk82

Reaction score
To be fair it didn't start that way, but is getting progressively worse. I run the race tune mostly but I will be lowering until I make a decision on different tunes.

FX44AU

Reaction score
I'm running PIP on mine and had trans tuning issues on V7.2 tunes. I don't think all of the V8 tunes are ready but I can tell you the trans tuning on the Level 1 Tow V8.02 and the Level 2 Street V8.02 is WAY better than the V7.2 files. I was about to switch to GH myself but after running the new files I think I may stick with what I have.

On the other hand I have GH tunes that I am going to load into my other '15 tomorrow so I'll have good first hand experience with both sets of tunes.

Last edited:

oscard0215

Reaction score
I'm running PIP on mine and had trans tuning issues on V7.2 tunes. I don't think all of the V8 tunes are ready but I can tell you the trans tuning on the Level 1 Tow V8.02 and the Level 2 Street V8.02 is WAY better than the V7.2 files. I was about to switch to GH myself but after running the new files I think I may stick with what I have.

On the other hand I have GH tunes that I am going to load into my other '15 tomorrow so I'll have good first hand experience with both sets of tunes.

good to hear.. just email dave over @Punch it and he sends over or are they still putting the finishing touches on it?

Captaincworley

Reaction score
To be fair it didn't start that way, but is getting progressively worse. I run the race tune mostly but I will be lowering until I make a decision on different tunes.

I only run the Race tune whenever I go to the track. Other than that I go back to Hot Street. The Race tune will normally shift a little firmer and the Lockups are different. It wasn't meant to be run as a daily driven tune. I'd go down to Hot Street and see what it does!

Charles

FX44AU

Reaction score
good to hear.. just email dave over @Punch it and he sends over or are they still putting the finishing touches on it?

I think they may still be finishing them up and I've been talking with Mike @ PIP. Seems like a great guy and fast to respond!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I was about to order gh tunes, I may try the p i p updates first

yeah no reason until you at least get the update. let me know when you're ready for the others. FYI they sold their licensing to alberta speed ( in canada ) so the tunes will now be known as that .

ftast350

Reaction score
yeah no reason until you at least get the update. let me know when you're ready for the others. FYI they sold their licensing to alberta speed ( in canada ) so the tunes will now be known as that .

Hell yah Alberta is where it's at! Hahaha
Know where in Berta they are?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
As you already know, our software wouldn't be compatible with your existing flash device, but we do have some solid options for you. I spent a good chunk of development time specifically addressing the issues you are having (trans in general, and 4-5 shifting specifically). Clearly we couldn't undo any existing damage, but if you ever decide to switch in the future, I think you'd be very happy with what we have to offer.

drservo

Reaction score
Ghead runs much better on my truck than Inno did (running race on both). Shifting was OK on Innos but ********s is much better and holds the gears longer so its not as laggy. It shifts sooner from 6th to 5th and 5th to 4th so much less laggy when in the higher gears. Ghead are muchaner han Innos and no codes now with Gheads compared to 2 or 3 everyday with Innos. Just waiting on Spar to come out with NDash to see if theirs are stronger than ghead

tmk82

Reaction score
@*******- The sotf will not be available on the device you are selling currently correct? If I am going to buy a new device I would prefer to wait on the sotf.

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
A set of good traction bars will smooth out those shifts and transfer that Power to the ground, ouo or pmf bars work really well

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.