2015 tuning questions

ThreeBigFords

Reaction score
Howdy, new member here, but I've been lurking for awhile.

Just picked up a used 2015 F450 with under 4k miles on it, and retired the 03' 7.3l after 300k trouble free miles.

In the interest of longevity/reliability and economy, I'm toying with the idea of tuning the new truck early on like I did with the 7.3l. Obviously having some extra power on tap is great too, but my days of 'rolling coal' are behind me.

After driving the new truck from Alabama back home to Seattle, I had some time to check out all the amazing upgrades from the 03'. Some of these are just fluff, but some are extremely functional, and as such I wouldn't want to lose them. Thus I was hoping to get a fairly comprehensive list of stock features I'd lose if I tuned the truck.

I'm aware of a few features such as engine braking, TCS button, etc that don't or can't function on some or all tuners. Putting together a list of all the functions that would be lost would help me decide if I want to tune now, or wait for more development.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Notneb

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only thing affected is the exhaust brake, and soon that will be fixed. Make sure you at LEAST replace the plastic intercooler pipe, it's a bomb waiting to go off...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
As far as I know, the only thing affected is the exhaust brake, and soon that will be fixed. Make sure you at LEAST replace the plastic intercooler pipe, it's a bomb waiting to go off...

exhaust brake works fine in the tow tune with alberta speed tuning .

Latest posts

Members online