2015 turbo retro kit install

Reaction score
I'm about to install a 2015 turbo retrofit kit on my 2011. Has anyone done a write up on this. I'm sure I could figure it out. It just makes my life easier if someone has done a write up on this. Any pointers and tips would be great. Thanks

uga33

Reaction score
Taking the wastegate off the '11 charger will help it slide out extremely easy. Take front tire and wheel well liner out to make downpipe and passenger side up pipe removal extremely easy. If you completely remove the coolant tube on the passenger side to help get the upper intake off, go get another oring. It will leak! Just a few tips. The v-band clamps are tough to get off also.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I didn't do a write up or anything but a quick list would be as follows. Drain coolant first. I drained 5 gallons which I'm sure is overkill but just what I did. Second would be a LONG pry bar and hammer are your friends for breaking the v bands loose. Remove passenger side wheel liner. I loosely bolted the cobra head on the down pipe, attached the v band at the turbo, and then reached up to finish tightening the cobra head to the down pipe. Everything else was pretty straight forward. Took about 5-5 1/2 hours total double checking everything. Not a bad job at all.

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
If you have an air compressor, go get an air hammer to break the vbands loose. I didn't remove the wheel liner. What's the current mods on your truck, as that will make a big difference on advice. I didn't have an EGR to fight with, that's a big help.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Currently im fully deleted and I'm running a no limit intake, 5in exhaust, and of course h&s mini max with MCC unlock and spe tunes. But will be ditching the tunes in favor for some new tunes. Most likely morgans. And I'll be getting a 15 pump soon and ordering h&s upgraded intercooler piping. But that will be done after the turbo is done. Fed ex says I'll have it tomorrow so, soon as it shows up, I'll be getting started.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I just loaded tunes from Morgan and like you, was running the SPE Hot X tuning. I think you'll be really happy with what you get from Morgan, transmission shifting is pretty awesome!! Engine seems to spool a little quicker and near smokeless, just a light haze and then nothing.

Keith

jcain

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. Currently im fully deleted and I'm running a no limit intake, 5in exhaust, and of course h&s mini max with MCC unlock and spe tunes. But will be ditching the tunes in favor for some new tunes. Most likely morgans. And I'll be getting a 15 pump soon and ordering h&s upgraded intercooler piping. But that will be done after the turbo is done. Fed ex says I'll have it tomorrow so, soon as it shows up, I'll be getting started.

Have a change of oil on hand, just in case.