2015 VGT COMPOUNDED WITH A S475

Reaction score
Very very sweet setup, but If I'm not mistaken these 2015 turbos have a lot of backpressure issues. Something about a 2:1 ratio, around that area because of how small the housing is. But with a gate and some tuning I think you'll get 600, just put more fuel and watch your down low power, don't let full boost come on at 1500rpms LOL

I love this setup it's stupid clean, and functions perfect!!

jcain

Reaction score
Very very sweet setup, but If I'm not mistaken these 2015 turbos have a lot of backpressure issues. Something about a 2:1 ratio, around that area because of how small the housing is. But with a gate and some tuning I think you'll get 600, just put more fuel and watch your down low power, don't let full boost come on at 1500rpms LOL

You are mistaken.

jcain

Reaction score
Also, gearhead does have some ironed out 2015 turbo tuning. I've been working with him quite a bit to dial it in. We're up to 34psi currently and SUPER clean.

Swsignal5

Reaction score

My back pressure is below 1:1 when the charger is lit. If I go WOT when in overdrive I'm only seeing about 2:1 until they light up. At 60mph cruising in overdrive I'm seeing 3# of boost and 2-3# of EBP while maintaining 24.5 mpg on 35" open country's.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ebp will never be scary just cruising. But I would be worried about 2:1 at peak boost levels. Hope you have a spare short block.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Ebp will never be scary just cruising. But I would be worried about 2:1 at peak boost levels. Hope you have a spare short block.

No it only gets 2:1 when there's no boost and I stomp on it. As soon as they light it drops below 1:1 my s475 has a 1.32 ar so I'm sure that helps

Reaction score
Without a gate I still have never seen 2:1. Gate closed big tune and 64mm I saw max of 1.7:1 and that was only when it got up around 4000 rpm. Up to around 3500 it was 1.4:1 max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swsignal5

Reaction score
With a factory 2011-14 pump and decent tuning it should not have a chance for enough fuel to have high drive pressure. With a dual pumps and a big tune a gate will be 100% necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my hot tune right now I'm maintaining 29k psi rail at WOT And hitting 46# of boost. Still have room for more with proper tuning

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.