2015 Water Leak Damage!

Alex340

Reaction score
Just bought my brand new platinum f250 over the Black Friday sales in November. So not even a month old yet and only has 800 miles on her. Past 3 days it's rained here in Ga and I so happened to notice yesterday while I was out shopping for christmas...lol....my truck was leaking water from the back window. Mainly from the passenger very back glass corner. The water made the headliner soaking wet and actually ran down to the center of the truck. It made the carpet soaking wet and the seat in the rear causing it to wrinkle. Surprised it didn't damage the amp or sub in the back but I could be wrong as well.

Has anyone else seen their new truck from this similar spot?? I'm taking it to the dealer first thing in the morning to get this issue solved.

Any input on what I should do or ask for would help. Cause I know how some dealerships love to BS! Can't believe I paid this much for a truck for this to happen already.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 363
Reaction score
Take it back and make them fix it. Sucks you got one with a problem. But crying over it won't do anything. They make tons of superduty's a year. Every once in a while one will have an issue. Doesn't matter what they cost. Just the laws of probability. Could have just as easily happened in a plain XL truck. I doubt they did it on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bad moose

Reaction score
Have the same leak. My dealer wouldn't do anything they stated it was the third brake light cap. I sealed it with silicone before I took it to them since that it where I run my Sirius cable for the antennae. It's on a f550 xl service truck. I honestly think it is the glass seal. Not my truck so I haven't pushed the issue.

Hope you have better luck than I did.

Alex340

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. But I know it's not the dealerships fault but it will be their responsibility to fix the problem. I know it's not the 3rd brake light because I've already checked behind there and it has a dry seal. And the leak comes from the corner of the truck and runs down. So another way of narrowing it down to that area of the truck

CATDiezel

Reaction score
$69k for a platinum..

Go to Texas on first class charter flight and save yourself $11k.... (on edit: I see your from texas... you need to shop around alittle there my friend. All day long $58k)

Lol...

Trucks new. Shouldn't be a problem getting it all repaired...

Me personally I would ask for a new truck. Not a new one that's already got an oasis trail of WATER DAMAGE on the report.

ftast350

Reaction score
Salesmen have nothing to do with warranty claims. You have 60,000 km (37,000 ish miles) warranty from bumper to bumper. Talk to the service manager and they will get you in, and if it's going to rain more and they can't get you in you might want to talk to them about you temporarily sealing it.

Alex340

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be there in the morning and see how well this goes and let yall know what happens! Sucks its on a brand new truck with a temporary tag still on it lol

Streethog

Reaction score
$69k for a platinum..

Go to Texas on first class charter flight and save yourself $11k.... (on edit: I see your from texas... you need to shop around alittle there my friend. All day long $58k)

Lol...

Trucks new. Shouldn't be a problem getting it all repaired...

Me personally I would ask for a new truck. Not a new one that's already got an oasis trail of WATER DAMAGE on the report.

Im stating what a platinum starts at, offcorse obviously with ur rebates and all tht crap the price will lower.

ftast350

Reaction score
Wish those prices came across the border! 78k for a fairly loaded Lariat! (MSRP) and 82ish K for a Platinum.

jordan572

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys. I'll be there in the morning and see how well this goes and let yall know what happens! Sucks its on a brand new truck with a temporary tag still on it lol

Good luck. Imo if you have a recon 3rd brake light installed I would put the oe one back in. Although it sounds like that seal is good, service writers don't care. They look to void warranties more than fixing the issue.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I've had my back window replaced due to leaking as well. It sucks but just take it back they will fix it.

Sent from my I fone 5

Alex340

Reaction score
Ok so I took the truck in this morning. OEM 3rd brake light was put back on as well but that wasn't the problem. Just taking a bottle of water and pouring it over the window it still leaked into the truck.

They are going to fix it under warranty. I tried to fight for a new truck but the only way I would get one was if I "traded" in my truck for a new one. Since my truck has already been titled the dealership would have to fix it and then turn around and sell a used truck. Not even 30 days old. Also, adding $120 more to my payment a month if I "traded" it in. They simply would not just get me a new one. :bs::bs:

So it's in the shop for god knows how long to get the glass repaired. As well as the carpet, headliner, seat and any electronics that was damaged.

Also claimed a report with Ford customer service. I'll know monday what they say about the situation and what they will do to fix it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Keep fighting. Lemon law. Check your states laws. If truck is down for 4 weeks or something.

Latest posts

Members online