2016 Sema Project

Spatel23

Reaction score
so is the 17 suspension pretty much the same as prior years ?

that color is legit
couldnt roll it on a daily but this is obviously no such thing

jordan572

Reaction score
Also received a few parts from Josh at the diesel cartel again. Rock lights, accuair stuff, air compressors. The norm, tore down the air compressors already, they're ready to paint.

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

Also took the door handles apart, along with the belt moldings and mirrors. None of it is easy on this truck but it does come apart eventually.
IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

Oh yea, and the rock lights :pimp:

IMG_3179.jpg

jordan572

Reaction score
so is the 17 suspension pretty much the same as prior years ?

that color is legit
couldnt roll it on a daily but this is obviously no such thing

Some of it is, the frame as you can see it fully boxed so that is a huge change. The axles, knuckles, and a lot of other stuff has minor changes but nothing too crazy. A lot more then what meets the eye just looking at these pictures.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Man you and your teams work impresses the hell outta me! Can't wait to see it finished! And the ptm jack stands again is awesome!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Lthrnck

Reaction score
Your last build made me a drooling fool. Can't wait to see Big Blue...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

smcox1

Reaction score
You guys are insane. This close to sema and that tore apart there are going to be some long nights ahead. Everyone else should leave their 17's at home because I highly doubt anything will even compare to this build. And 60 rock lights, holy **** those lights alone are worth more than my obs! LOL

Reaction score
Cant WAIT to see this when its done! That blue reminds of almost of the original Big Foots color, looks awesome! I always look forward to watching your builds and your attention to detail is incredible. Also, cant wait to see whats in store for performance parts for this updated 6.7 as I know they've changed some things on the newer engine. Best of luck on the build!!

Jonnydime

Reaction score

NotStock

Reaction score
I have switched from viair to the larger ARB air compressor and it is a night and day difference. I think just one will just about out flow all four of those.

Personally, I like to have at least 2 compressors. That way your not SOL if one has issues. I do like the ARB compressors and the Air Zenith even more so.

Jomax

Reaction score
Personally, I like to have at least 2 compressors. That way your not SOL if one has issues. I do like the ARB compressors and the Air Zenith even more so.

2 is 1 and 1 is none! I agree on having at least 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I agree. 2 of the ARBs would fit in the space of 2 of the Viairs.

slowcoupe

Reaction score
Gonna be watching yet another of your builds! I remember just seeing the renditions of the last one and couldn't wait for it to be done. Looking forward to whats next for this 17'

NotStock

Reaction score
Belt driven compressors are phenomenal but take up a lot of space where there isnt any to spare on the newer trucks. The older platforms had a bit of room to make them work though.

jordan572

Reaction score
Belt driven would be ideal but with so many alternators, and potentially another fuel pump its not an easy undertaking. Our time frame is short obviously, and it's apparent Viair is not the premium of compact air compressors offered. But they look great imo, come apart easily and look nice painted. Plus mounting and wiring is familiar to me which is going to be critical when time is limited.

Latest posts

Members online