2016 Sema Project

jordan572

Reaction score
Not the funnest day, tearing axles all the way down and grinding the castings to make them look smooth once the paint starts flying. 26 grinding discs later the differentials are finally ready for the first coat of sandable sealer. Also cut apart the grille and another emblem. Hardest grille I've dealt with, not impossible but took an hour and a half to get apart without snapping it in half.

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

:wtf:

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3310.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
Belt driven would be ideal but with so many alternators, and potentially another fuel pump its not an easy undertaking. Our time frame is short obviously, and it's apparent Viair is not the premium of compact air compressors offered. But they look great imo, come apart easily and look nice painted. Plus mounting and wiring is familiar to me which is going to be critical when time is limited.

If the truck had pto prep, you could put a 150psi 70cfm unit there...

johnp115

Reaction score
Truck is only a week or 2 old. Doubt it has even been driven on the street. I would hope it didn't rust in that short time.

there are trucks/cars on the lot with less than 20 miles that at least the driveshaft, pumpkin, spindles, ujoints are orange.. almost like ford was re-using or having their stuff sit outside before being installed.

Ive seen trucks on the lot, even in Texas that have surface rust underneath. Sucks.

I was thinking exactly that...

yeah, once i looked at the pictures of the bare rear axle/pumpkin i was like waiiiiitttttttt...... that is way too black and nice looking lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I will just sit back and watch with jealousy.

Jealousy.

That comes to an end once it goes to auction in a year and you see the $$$$ loss.... lol.

Just enjoy what others are capable of doing without the envy!

Still a very cool build!!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Truck is only a week or 2 old. Doubt it has even been driven on the street. I would hope it didn't rust in that short time.

I went and looked at new trucks in Houston.

They had rust on the inside of the cab under the dash let alone the rest of the truck!!!

Less than 10 miles on the OD. Lol

Reaction score
Belt driven would be ideal but with so many alternators, and potentially another fuel pump its not an easy undertaking. Our time frame is short obviously, and it's apparent Viair is not the premium of compact air compressors offered. But they look great imo, come apart easily and look nice painted. Plus mounting and wiring is familiar to me which is going to be critical when time is limited.

I hear you, fwiw I found a company who retrofits trucks with an additional ac compressor for refrigeration. They have a bolt in bracket that fits a sanden style compressor. Sits on passenger side of motor. Don't know if it would work with dual fuel though.

Latest posts

Members online