2017 6.7 tunes

Reaction score
What about calibrated power, they are in tact tunes, claim nearly 600 rwhp with emissions in tact. Anybody ran these? Also nobody gives straight answers anymore, if you use these tunes, return to stock calibration before going to dealer, are there any warranty issues?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
Also nobody gives straight answers anymore, if you use these tunes, return to stock calibration before going to dealer, are there any warranty issues?

The way I see it is whether you run intact or ******d tuning, both leave a trace on the ecu.

It really comes down to the dealers discretion, so there is no right or wrong answer.

Reaction score
The way I see it is whether you run intact or ******d tuning, both leave a trace on the ecu.

It really comes down to the dealers discretion, so there is no right or wrong answer.
So frustrating, I appreciate you responding though. Seems lately with EPA getting stricter, nobody wants to discuss these things. Really having to dig with searches to find what people are saying and using as far as tunes go on these newer Trucks. Either way I go, I'm keeping emissions till the warranty is done at minimum, probably even after as we want to travel country. Just want to find some good worthwhile tunes

sootie

Reaction score
Trace? It would take an expert to identify that it had been flashed before. Even then, it would only be a guess at what had been done,

J98

Reaction score
The cost of the repair dictates how far their willing to dig to see if the factory parameters have been exceeded, I know that GM will go as far as pulling the blackbox in some instances.

Chances are if you run intact tunes, the first thing that'll likely fail (if anything) is your *** from the additional soot load and additional regens.

sootie

Reaction score
No such thing as a "black box" on a Ford. The most they will see is the sequential communications codes from the modules loosing contact with the pcm during the flash

Reaction score
Okay, so what are thoughts on tunes to use? Are the proven diesel ones, and calibrated power ones any good, are there better out there? I used Jody and dyno proven on my 7.3ls, and **** head on 6.0

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just 6-7 years ago when I was still hunting tunes for my 6.0, things were still very open and easy to talk about. Wow how things have changed. Or maybe it's just this way on the newer trucks...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Gonna agree with Sootie on this one. I e never been able to see if a vehicle had been tuned before, as long as the tune wasn’t unloaded right before bringing the vehicle in. Then it was only because of the p1000 code. Have seen some 6.0s where when still tuned, the vin on fords ids stated sctxxxxxxx, 6.7 trucks tuned with ezlynk will not communicate with the ids, and you have to enter the computer using other methods to be able to talk to it. But once again, these are still tuned vehicles, once they’re returned to stock and driven about 20miles no trace…

As for emissions on tuning, I’ve used tsd on some side customers and they’re happy with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
No such thing as a "black box" on a Ford. The most they will see is the sequential communications codes from the modules loosing contact with the pcm during the flash

Gotcha, didn't know ford's didn't have a blackbox. That's good to know lol.

Reaction score
Gonna agree with Sootie on this one. I e never been able to see if a vehicle had been tuned before, as long as the tune wasn’t unloaded right before bringing the vehicle in. Then it was only because of the p1000 code. Have seen some 6.0s where when still tuned, the vin on fords ids stated sctxxxxxxx, 6.7 trucks tuned with ezlynk will not communicate with the ids, and you have to enter the computer using other methods to be able to talk to it. But once again, these are still tuned vehicles, once they’re returned to stock and driven about 20miles no trace…

As for emissions on tuning, I’ve used tsd on some side customers and they’re happy with them.

Do you happen to have any contact information other than phone (preferably email) for truck source diesel? Their website is under construction, and the contact us link doesn't really do anything.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Do you happen to have any contact information other than phone (preferably email) for truck source diesel? Their website is under construction, and the contact us link doesn't really do anything.

I do not. I apologize for that, but I typically buy the tunes with the tuning device, and at this point, **** on the interwebz about where to get that is a big no no.