2022 F350 CCLB Platinum

leeparnell89

Reaction score
16-17mpg combined City/Highway driving. 20ish mpg straight highway. I also put my NL intercooler on just because I was tired of it sitting on my shelf at work taking up space.
That's not bad at all. Understood on the intercooler, I'd probably do the same if I had one there looking at me.

Your truck makes me think seriously about making the jump to ford.

Black AOD

Reaction score
That's not bad at all. Understood on the intercooler, I'd probably do the same if I had one there looking at me.

Your truck makes me think seriously about making the jump to ford.

To be fair I’ve always been a Ford guy but when I bought this truck I was between a 5th gen 3500 Cummins Mega Cab Limited or this current F350 truck in Platinum/Limited. Ford costs more for sure but the 10 speed trans blows the 68 and Aisin dodge transmissions out of the water IMO. The new 22’ Ford screen I like better than the 5th Gen screens and I can’t get a long bed mega cab straight from dodge as a factory option. I live 4 minutes from Firepunk Diesel so I get a lot Hands on with dodge Cummins new and old so that really helped in my decision.

Dodge mega cab is cool and I really like their option for rear auto air ride bags but the lack of the long bed on a mega really killed it for me.

Rumor is the next gen dodge gets a better trans and supposedly its a truck version of the ZF8 which would be killer. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leeparnell89

Reaction score
To be fair I’ve always been a Ford guy but when I bought this truck I was between a 5th gen 3500 Cummins Mega Cab Limited or this current F350truck in Platinum/Limited. Ford costs more for sure but the 10 speed trans blows the 68 and Aisin dodge transmissions out of the water IMO. The new 22’ Ford screen I like better than the 5th Gen screens and I can’t get a long bed mega cab straight from dodge as a factory option. I live 4 minutes from Firepunk Diesel so I get a lot Hands on with dodge Cummins new and old so that really helped in my decision.

Dodge mega cab is cool and I really like their option for rear auto air ride bags but the lack of the long bed on a mega really killed it for me.

Rumor is the next gen dodge gets a better trans and supposedly its a truck version of the ZF8 which would be killer. Time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 2022 cummins 3500 DRW now and I'm severely unimpressed. I traded a 2020 3500 SRW for this truck because I couldn't keep it out of the shop and I'm having the same trouble with this one. From eating DEF pumps like a monthly subscription to fuel pumps and ECM failures. Both have had the 68 but I've never had any trans issues. I've always owned cummins pickups and that pushed my decision as well, but I'm done.

I ordered my wife a mega cab with the 68 when I ordered this DRW and haven't had any trouble out of hers, but its just a grocery getter. I work mine to death apparently.

The 10 speed trans is what makes me want one bad. I worked up a build sheet for a Lariat and sent it to a few local dealers for pricing this afternoon.

Is there a reason you PTM everything instead of getting the sport appearance package to at least get you started?
Edit: Nevermind I forgot this was supposed to be a temp truck and wasn't ordered. My bad.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I have a 2022 cummins 3500 DRW now and I'm severely unimpressed. I traded a 2020 3500 SRW for this truck because I couldn't keep it out of the shop and I'm having the same trouble with this one. From eating DEF pumps like a monthly subscription to fuel pumps and ECM failures. Both have had the 68 but I've never had any trans issues. I've always owned cummins pickups and that pushed my decision as well, but I'm done.

I ordered my wife a mega cab with the 68 when I ordered this DRW and haven't had any trouble out of hers, but its just a grocery getter. I work mine to death apparently.

The 10 speed trans is what makes me want one bad. I worked up a build sheet for a Lariat and sent it to a few local dealers for pricing this afternoon.

Is there a reason you PTM everything instead of getting the sport appearance package to at least get you started?
Edit: Nevermind I forgot this was supposed to be a temp truck and wasn't ordered. My bad.
That sucks man, I feel for you. Most 5th gen owners I know aren't really having issues with trucks.

You can't get a color match sport appearance package on trims above Lariat unless you do black paint only. This is a white platinum so there was no sport package option at all.

And I really hate chrome.

leeparnell89

Reaction score
That sucks man, I feel for you. Most 5th gen owners I know aren't really having issues with trucks.

You can't get a color match sport appearance package on trims above Lariat unless you do black paint only. This is a white platinum so there was no sport package option at all.

And I really hate chrome.
Ahhhh that makes sense. I didn't realize the package wasn't available across the board, I hadn't built anything above a Lariat on the website. I'm with you on the chrome, I despise it. I'm envious of your motivation to have parts PTM'd I'm normally too lazy and haven't kept one long enough to make myself do it.

And man I know tons of guys that have zero issues with their cummins, I guess it just wasn't in the cards for me. My cousin has a 2019 SRW as a ranch truck that he abuses day in and day out with a flat bed and every tool known to man, and it keeps on chugging. I hate it, I love the look of this truck but it does more sitting at the dealership than it does in my driveway and I just can't put up with it. Don't make fun of my moose antlers, those hips are hard to see around. We'll see what dealerships around here will build my Lariat for, and what they'll give me for this thing. KBB is higher than I thought it would be at 69-73k.

Attachments

• IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 114

Black AOD

Reaction score
Ahhhh that makes sense. I didn't realize the package wasn't available across the board, I hadn't built anything above a Lariat on the website. I'm with you on the chrome, I despise it. I'm envious of your motivation to have parts PTM'd I'm normally too lazy and haven't kept one long enough to make myself do it.

And man I know tons of guys that have zero issues with their cummins, I guess it just wasn't in the cards for me. My cousin has a 2019 SRW as a ranch truck that he abuses day in and day out with a flat bed and every tool known to man, and it keeps on chugging. I hate it, I love the look of this truck but it does more sitting at the dealership than it does in my driveway and I just can't put up with it. Don't make fun of my moose antlers, those hips are hard to see around. We'll see what dealerships around here will build my Lariat for, and what they'll give me for this thing. KBB is higher than I thought it would be at 69-73k.

I hear you. Good looking truck. I like Ford and Dodges, just cant get on board with The Chevy Duramax thing. I do like GM Denali's though....just hate the trans

leeparnell89

Reaction score
I hear you. Good looking truck. I like Ford and Dodges, just cant get on board with The Chevy Duramax thing. I do like GM Denali's though....just hate the trans
I'm about the same way. I don't mind the look of the Chevy's, I wish they would implement the new 1/2 ton Denali interior trim in the HD's cause that's a nice bastard. I looked at ordering one since I could get my must-haves in a lower trimmed pickup but I just can't bring myself to go with the independent suspension. Ranch roads are hard on them around here. I damn sure don't like the L5P mass buy-back for the hydrolock. Last thing I need is another turd lol

ToMang07

Reaction score
I feel like the chevys and Tundras are about the ugliest front end since ford did the 08-10s.... and only reason I don't say it's worse is because at least they have LED lights.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

leeparnell89

Reaction score
The new tundras are about like a train wreck for certain. The first time I saw one I couldn't look away just wondering who in their right mind would come up with that and who approved the design for production.

Black AOD

Reaction score
... Is that not the same 10 speed your running with minor programming differences?
I was referring to the older trucks will Allison's however you are correct in regards to 2020+ trucks. BUT the Chevy 10R140 have some serious shifting issues that the fords do not.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I was referring to the older trucks will Allison's however you are correct in regards to 2020+ trucks. BUT the Chevy 10R140 have some serious shifting issues that the fords do not.
I dunno, seems it's s 50/50 with the gassers of the 10 speed shifts well or not

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Black AOD

Reaction score
No updates lately? Figured that thing maybe deleted by now lol
Your Truck radar must be going off lol.

I did some winter wheels and tires on it, 35" Toyo R/T with 20x10 Method NV605 in Copper/Bronze. I also put a full emissions compliant piping kit on it from Pusher Intakes. pics attached.

I found a way to get a FLO PRO 5" exhaust in my hands along with other weight loss parts. I have tuning coming as well.

I also have a custom fabricated Non VGT turbo kit coming that uses a G40 Garret 62mm Ball Bearing charger. I'm going to run that on stock fuel.

Attachments

• methods 2.jpg
    methods 2.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 112
  • methods.jpg
    methods.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 112
  • oof.jpg
    oof.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 121
  • pusher 2.jpg
    pusher 2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 117
  • pusher 3.jpg
    pusher 3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 102
  • pusher 4.jpg
    pusher 4.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 103
  • pusher 5.jpg
    pusher 5.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 108
  • pusher intake.jpg
    pusher intake.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 113

99fordman18

Reaction score
Do they have any tuning available yet? I haven't been able to locate any for 2022, there is an option to swap to a 20-21 PCM but is risky I have heard. How many miles you at?

J98

Reaction score
Your Truck radar must be going off lol.

I did some winter wheels and tires on it, 35" Toyo R/T with 20x10 Method NV605 in Copper/Bronze. I also put a full emissions compliant piping kit on it from Pusher Intakes. pics attached.

I found a way to get a FLO PRO 5" exhaust in my hands along with other weight loss parts. I have tuning coming as well.

I also have a custom fabricated Non VGT turbo kit coming that uses a G40 Garret 62mm Ball Bearing charger. I'm going to run that on stock fuel.
I see your back to your peasant ways.

Still a fan of the 10 speed? Curious to see how it'll hold up with the different turbo.

Black AOD

Reaction score
I see your back to your peasant ways.

Still a fan of the 10 speed? Curious to see how it'll hold up with the different turbo.
It's fine with me, it acts like my prior 6 speed with 4 more gears. Zero issues with it. I've ridden in a few tuned 10 speed trucks too and they acted fine, the key is tuning as always.

6.7Bison

Reaction score
Truck looks good! I've been curious about the piping kit from pusher (my truck ain't new enough for it). How are you liking it? Any issues with install or check engine lights? Can you notice a difference in sound, spool, power, mpg? I am hesitant about powder coated steel intake piping myself. Don't want anything to flake of and destroy something but I have no real world experience.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.