205/100 and s366 issues

sleeps

Reaction score
It's real lazy when I get on it. Loads up, dumps a ton of fuel blacks out the road behind me. It will hesitate and kind of shudder and out of nowhere just takes off like crazy and shoots up to 60psi. Can't brake boost it either. Hold the brake in drive, try to get it to build boost and does nothing but dump smoke.

Help, it's driving me nuts. Took it to a local shop and he's telling me my injectors are either bad or too big for my turbo. Or my other option is to do compounds to clear it up.

I'm not sure what's going on or what to do. I'm deploying Thursday and don't have the time to deal with it myself.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Whose up pipes? T4 divided? Make sure you have no exhaust or boost leaks to start with. Do you have a aftermarket transmission or torque converter?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Yea, if it's a open housing setup then that's the problem. Swinky on here is running a s366 with 190/75 and he can brake boost just fine with Cutting Edge Diesel's divided T4 up pipes.

sleeps

Reaction score
Whose up pipes? T4 divided? Make sure you have no exhaust or boost leaks to start with. Do you have a aftermarket transmission or torque converter?

Smeding diesel t4 divided uppipes. It's a divided housing box bw s366 I don't have any exhaust leaks and most likely no boost leaks after seeing 60psi. Stock transmission and converter.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
For what its worth.
Yea, laggy compared to a vgt lol. His truck really isn't bad at all, I've ride in it. It just doesn't compare to the spool up of my stock turbo 6.4 at all.
Smeding diesel t4 divided uppipes. It's a divided housing box bw s366 I don't have any exhaust leaks and most likely no boost leaks after seeing 60psi. Stock transmission and converter.
Well only other thing I can say is you need a looser stall converter. One thing that helps build boost on the brakes though is instead of just gassing it, slowly roll into it. I know that's what Jared does. If you want more details of how he does it I'll get him to chime in.

sleeps

Reaction score
I've tried building it up slow and fast. Either way I've held it 10-15 seconds and still 0psi. And it doesn't just spool slow, it doesn't run right. Where it should be a linear pull, it comes in like a zig zag. It tries to go and falls and picks back up again and again in very short intervals until it seems like it catches itself and finally gets up and goes. It's not like I'm just waiting on spoolup.

JGman141

Reaction score
To get a decent size non Vgt to spool off power breaking you have to ease into it and it will start lighting. If you just push the pedal to the floor it won't do anything but black out the road.

ford rules

Reaction score
Tuning
Call up gearhead and get some tunes.
My 225's and 366 is just fine as far as building boost goes. I can build boost on the breaks fine and my trans/convertor is smoked. Like said before you cant just lay it to the floor it it will not do anything.
Maybe get us a vid.

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
When my truck was doin this , it was my convertor, it daily drove fine but wouldn't build boost on foot brake except when TFT was very cool. I went from 9 +secs to spool turbo to right at 5 seconds with a new convertor. On the foot brake

sleeps

Reaction score
Tuning
Call up gearhead and get some tunes.
My 225's and 366 is just fine as far as building boost goes. I can build boost on the breaks fine and my trans/convertor is smoked. Like said before you cant just lay it to the floor it it will not do anything.
Maybe get us a vid.
It is running on custom tuning from gearhead.

Super Diesel

Reaction score
I've tried building it up slow and fast. Either way I've held it 10-15 seconds and still 0psi. And it doesn't just spool slow, it doesn't run right. Where it should be a linear pull, it comes in like a zig zag. It tries to go and falls and picks back up again and again in very short intervals until it seems like it catches itself and finally gets up and goes. It's not like I'm just waiting on spoolup.

What's your fuel pressure at WOT? Does the turbo sound like it's acting up?

swinky

Reaction score
Mine had a small exhaust leak and has lower compression. They spool pretty Damn good imo although mine did start to get laggy at the end.

You definitely have issues. What intake are you running?

6 L chevy eater

Reaction score
swinky, i can jus about assure u that ur "lower compression pistons"arent hurting spool up that much at all.

when we built my motor, we had the piston machined for the purpose of lowering the compession ratio. mine does not spool any diff with the lower compression motor, if it does, its not even noticable.

now an exhaust leak is a diff story.

and also as stated above , it almost soumds like a fuel delivery issue also.

swinky

Reaction score
swinky, i can jus about assure u that ur "lower compression pistons"arent hurting spool up that much at all.

when we built my motor, we had the piston machined for the purpose of lowering the compession ratio. mine does not spool any diff with the lower compression motor, if it does, its not even noticable.

now an exhaust leak is a diff story.

and also as stated above , it almost soumds like a fuel delivery issue also.
Blown gaskets lol I agree the pistons aren't changing anything.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
I know this is the 6.oh section but....... I had the same problem with my 6.4 with a billet S366 kit on it. Took a long time to spool brake boosting it. Took maybe about 15-20 seconds to get to 5 psi all it did was smoke. No boost or exhaust leaks. I Got with my tuner few reversions later bam spools up just like stock or (maybe even faster).

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I'm guessing tuning as well. Even the best tuners don't quite hit the nail on the head sometimes. I'd give gearhead a call and tell em with the truck is doing and I'm sure they will get u taken care of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online