20x12 pacers

swinky

Reaction score
Wanting a chrome look on these. The cast aluminum wheels just don't shine like a forged wheel does and it's got me wanting more pop.
Anybody have experience with chrome paint, powdercoat or actually taking them to a chrome shop. Im sick of polishing them but want to keep them bc they're pretty rare.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391644655356.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391644655356.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 129
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391644694541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391644694541.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 117

swinky

Reaction score
First pic is after the leveling kit and rear blocks were removed. Dropped her a nice bit.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I've seen pacers shine. But the aluminum they are made of isn't like a weld or American force. I have seen a few people get through that coating on them and really make them shine or use something to do so. It would be worth a try before coating of some type. Could be too far gone though, but you would still have to polish and maintain which you may not want to do.

They take to Powdercoating very well far better than any chrome wheel would. No experience with the other methods.

swinky

Reaction score
They are pretty bad and I'm tired of polishing. Other option is do the 05-07 front end and powdercoat them a light tan like shones old king ranch

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I have been told the best finish is PVD . It's a chrome look coating but harder so it wont scratch as easy . I have the 18x12 pacers and have the same problem you have . Even sealed they need polished every month .

swinky

Reaction score
I have been told the best finish is PVD . It's a chrome look coating but harder so it wont scratch as easy . I have the 18x12 pacers and have the same problem you have . Even sealed they need polished every month .

What's pvd?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Its the coating used by bmf wheels , lots of faucet manufacturers use it as well . Google pvd coatings ,it is some cool stuff .

BlueOx

Reaction score
Wanting a chrome look on these. The cast aluminum wheels just don't shine like a forged wheel does and it's got me wanting more pop.
Anybody have experience with chrome paint, powdercoat or actually taking them to a chrome shop. Im sick of polishing them but want to keep them bc they're pretty rare.

Have you tried wet sanding them followed by polishing?

swinky

Reaction score

I'm going to look that up. These things are shot.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

florida 6.0

Reaction score
The aluminum on those just seems to be hard to polish . Wet sand , cut , polish and its still not a mirror . Now the welds I just picked up had never been polished and looked real bad . All I had to do was hand polish with some home made and a rag and they look like mirrors.

Latest posts

Members online