238 hybrids.... Stock fuel pump??

AaronTenn

Reaction score
I just installed my new 238cc hybrids 100% nozzles n ts chip. I need to know if I will be able to drive 175 miles to Vegas to install my stealth hpop, turbo n efuel on my 238 injectors n everything else stock???

AaronTenn

Reaction score
The efuel I'm looking at doing was a small walbro pump to pump fuel from tank to mech fuel pump. N install a high pressure regulator spring. Should pump a good amount of fuel

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
That e-fuel setup will not work.... You need to ditch the stock fuel pump and fuel bowl all together.

neverkickn

Reaction score
You will be fine driving that truck with the stock fuel pump till Jesus comes back as long as you dont do any moderate to hard throttle runs. Drive it easy and the fuel pressure won't drop because you won't be using much more fuel than stock.

As far as a fuel system goes, if you are interested in reliability first and foremost, then just do a dual super duty pump setup with a pre pump filter and a regulated return. No reason to delete the bowl for those injectors. That's not the cool thing to do but it will save you money, and it will run the wheels off the truck before you have problems with the fuel system.

TyCorr

Reaction score
You will be fine driving that truck with the stock fuel pump till Jesus comes back as long as you dont do any moderate to hard throttle runs. Drive it easy and the fuel pressure won't drop because you won't be using much more fuel than stock.

As far as a fuel system goes, if you are interested in reliability first and foremost, then just do a dual super duty pump setup with a pre pump filter and a regulated return. No reason to delete the bowl for those injectors. That's not the cool thing to do but it will save you money, and it will run the wheels off the truck before you have problems with the fuel system.

This is where my thoughts lie. I dont see it.being a problem even without a chip. It wont run the greatest. But drive your truck stock sometime and they dont run that great either. I drove my truck 15 miles from my buddies shop and back to get my chip. Drove home didnt realize I left it out until I turned down my street and went to put it in a hot tune and there was no chip. Ran fine. Little crunchy at idle.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
the "Cool" thing to do IS to get rid of the fuel bowl...

then you will be able to WORK on the top of the engine

Ford should NEVER have shoved all that crap up on top of the engine to begin with.....some engineer somewhere hadda Brain Fart, BigTime......

ghohouston

Reaction score
Ford should NEVER have shoved all that crap up on top of the engine to begin with.....some engineer somewhere hadda Brain Fart, BigTime......

haha you make a good point. but honestly, ive seen PLENTY of people, myself included, have optimal fuel pressure while retaining the stock fuel bowl, if you dont want to spend the money to delete the bowl, just know it is not necessary

Peroni

Reaction score
Just wondering if the guys commenting here with SD rigs in their sigs realize that the OBS fuel bowl cannot handle the 60 or so psi an e fuel system runs at?

Not trying to be a dik at all here. I thought that it had been established that the SD bowl is ok to use with an e fuel system but an OBS one will have to be swapped to an SD or deleted.

oneton

Reaction score
What's a good return system fair priced??

marty's seems to be the cheapest.

marty-875
beans-950-on sale
irate-1000

members here are running all 3.i dont think you could go wrong with any of the 3.
dieselsite has one that cost more,but also includes more parts.not sure who else offers a obs efuel setup.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know its.cool or whatever to.delete, but I hated that fuel bowl anyway. Much happier with two self-contained cartridges.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Just wondering if the guys commenting here with SD rigs in their sigs realize that the OBS fuel bowl cannot handle the 60 or so psi an e fuel system runs at?

Not trying to be a dik at all here. I thought that it had been established that the SD bowl is ok to use with an e fuel system but an OBS one will have to be swapped to an SD or deleted.

Maybe someone should tell Brian Thompsons twin turbo OBS race truck that it's fuel bowl cant handle the pressure, as I am relatively sure that it is unaware. Although, he may have swapped it for a SD bowl. I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

njjeep

Reaction score
I got Marty's fuel on my superduty and its great, I am also glad I deleted the bowl. Just changed my ipr and it was a lot easier without the bowl there.

dirk0

Reaction score
This is a OBS? You'll be fine, just keep your foot out of it until you get a proper setup.

dirk0

Reaction score
I got Marty's fuel on my superduty and its great, I am also glad I deleted the bowl. Just changed my ipr and it was a lot easier without the bowl there.

I thought about removing the bowl, but I like the idea of another filter. Then again, I have a remote IPR setup.. and I have one of the old ITP setup's with the regulator and return mounted high, so it's not that bad.

always-strokin

Reaction score

So wait, an OBS setup can keep the stock fuel bowl if you are using an SD e-fuel setup?

Latest posts