250* coolant temps

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I prefer to see 180-201 and that is what I see in my Excursion with the 180 degree thermostat.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Ok so in otherwords you like to see that but that's just your personal preference and id be better off talking to joey or an injectors builder to get an answer on what is the upper limit temp

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok and Jeoy is the one selling the 180 degree thermostat and he is the one I got mine from. He will tell you that the lower coolant/oil temps are key.

My Excursion idled like crap with the 203 degree thermostat and when I switched it over it idled perfectly.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Hmm...because until I just put on the new turbo and sticks my idle was great with the 203. Come to think of it the idle was smooth with the new sticks and mu old tnbb. Only thing that I don't have on the engine now that I did before was my hpx line....

Now im confused about coolant temps...why would international design the engine with a 203 stat if coolant temps being lower are better? The oil I understand.

DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The oil temps are related to coolant temp. Look at the oil cooler and you will see that the coolant is what determines the oil temp.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I get that. What I don't understand or I guess what I am asking is what is the advantage of a cooler than stock t stat. If coolant controls oil temp then wouldn't a 195 stat put oil temp right in the range you are referringto while not sacrificing any heat in the engine or warm up times during cold weather?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.