• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

255/85r16, 33x10.00 Tires

rrchlin

Reaction score
Hey all.. I'm wondering what your opinions are on 255/85r16 tires. They're approximately 33x10.00

I have an ext cab SRW F250. I originally was set on 37x12.5r17 but I don't want to do such a huge jump from 265/75r16s and I mostly just like the tall/skinny look of the 37x12.5.. not that I need them to be 37"

I want the white steel wagon wheels w/ the pinstripes too and I can't find them in 17".

I do about 400 miles a week and not super hardcore off-road.. just some trail stuff.

I was thinking the Toyo open country m/t. They're load range E and everyone claims great great treadware out of them. They also look damn cool and so do wagon wheels.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I also love the open country MT. Had it on my last truck, 30k miles no rotations and were getting warn I would guess about 25% remaining.

Put them on my jeep TJ and they did great off road.
Also just ordered them for my 17 dually.

You could say I am a fan boy for them. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rrchlin

Reaction score
Thanks guys. You help continue to add to the idea that Toyos are definitely the best MT tire I can buy for 99.5% road use.

I sold some tires to a guy once with the baldest Nittos ever. He said all highway, no burnouts.. and that they all wear like that.

Just wondering if 255/85r16 is too skinny looking on an OBS F250 ext cab w/ dana 60/stock f350 rear blocks.

Most off-roading I'd like to do is a couple entrances to a few dirtbike spots. One is a belly scraping double hill kind of thing. And the other is blocked with like 1-1.5' rocks and I'm scared of dropping the truck on my oil pan or trans or driveshaft.

Is 33-34" too small for an ext cab long bed for that kind of thing? Should I hunt for some skinny 37s? I can't get the wagon wheels or a Toyo tire in that combo then.

edit: shoot sorry.. didn't mean to put this in the classified. Who wants 2 37x12.5r17s nittos 10-11/32 tread $50 each Philadelphia area haha

Last edited:

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I always thought they would look good on my dually, but that size is kinda phasing out it seems. I think basically the only thing left in that size is mud tires. Which is not practical for my dually. At least last I looked.

rrchlin

Reaction score
They would definitely look good on a dually. I've seen lots and lots of pics of duallies while searching for them. The Toyos do sound like the best option for a cool looking MT for the highway.

Eating a set in 20k would be rough though. Like a nickel a mile rough. Like $1 in tire to go to my brothers and back. I would have to charge everybody for everything haha. But I'm thinking to just get them and be happy with it. I have dirty old OEM steel rims but my spare is on the truck right now w/ the fresh grey paint. I think I might get a clean set of those too for under $100. The spare wheel is looking really good to me on the truck right now lol.

Also I've never bought new tires in my life. Or used the spare mount under the bed (not sure the condition or if its even there) Should I suck it up and get 5 and rotate them.. especially if they are phasing these tires out.