2wd to 4wd conversion quetions

ANIMOSITY

Reaction score
I found a 2wd stroke for almost nothing, and was thinking of getting it and converting it to 4wd, so I have some questions. This would be a little cheap project to occupy my time since I had to sell my Cobra to help pay for my daughters collage (should have made her join the Air force, I had to join the Army to pay for mine).

First what are the difference in the frame other than the front frame rails for the leaf springs, and the front shock mount brackets.

Next, the mounts for the Ibeams, are they the same for 2wd and 4wd. I can get a f250 front-end for free. So will it bolt into the 2wd brackets?

Lastly, the rear leaf springs, are they the same for a 2wd and a 4wd? is the height difference due to blocks, on the 4wd?

Will a FZ5 from a gas swap to my stroke, using my diesel bell housing?

Thanks

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
All the 250 and 350 four wheel drives use leaf spring front ends.

If I remember right the zf5 is a cast aluminum housing that the bell housing doesn't separate from so you have to find a diesel one.

Lastly yes the rear springs are the same with different blocks possibly, they might be the same.

Beings that you are going 2x4 to 4x4 honestly the easiest axle set up you could do is 05+ super duty but it can be kinda pricey if you don't source your parts well

pullandpray

Reaction score
Zf5s are cast. Maybe you can swap tail housings? I know those are bolted on. Not sure if it's possible or not.

Latest posts

Members online