3 inch receiver hitch

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I think that's just his signature. I doubt its directed at you lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
lol.. first time anyone has said something like that thinking I was talking about someone in general..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I think it's have been nice to have a stronger receiver when that dumbazz plowed into the rear of my truck. It took the stock receiver w/ a hitch on it and bent it up like a tinfoil pretzel. And that was w/ a little camery sized POS. I can only imagine what it would have been like if a full size bmw or mercedes had hit us.

Really makes me wonder when towing my 16,000lb toyhauler how much the darn thing's flex contributes to sway.

EpicCowlick

Reaction score
I think it's have been nice to have a stronger receiver when that dumbazz plowed into the rear of my truck. It took the stock receiver w/ a hitch on it and bent it up like a tinfoil pretzel. And that was w/ a little camery sized POS. I can only imagine what it would have been like if a full size bmw or mercedes had hit us.

Really makes me wonder when towing my 16,000lb toyhauler how much the darn thing's flex contributes to sway.

It would be interesting to know how much flex is in the hitch itself. Probably in the micro range and impossible to see. But hitch flex wouldn't contribute to sway. Improper tongue weight is where that happens. Too light = lots of sway.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
In my case, it's probably too heavy. Even w/ all the load leveling possible on it, there's still 70psi in the airbags to keep the truck level. It's a big azz trailer. It's heavy and w/o a couple big toys in the back there's a lot of tongue weight.
HowWeRoll.jpg

Emery19

Reaction score
I would say the force of being plowed into at high speed is a little different from just hanging weight of something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I still cant believe you tow that with a 250. What is total weight?
Not that it really matters as they are virtually identical, but it's a F350
On CAT scales, biggest ticket I have (didn't keep them all) is 24,420lbs

Pulls it fine, does have a little sway. A Hensley hitch is in my near future...if I don't just dump the whole thing, which is very probable.

JRLott

Reaction score
Sell it. Buy JCain's truck. It already has all the goodies and gears.

08Monster

Reaction score

Pulls it fine, does have a little sway. A Hensley hitch is in my near future...if I don't just dump the whole thing, which is very probable.
That's not that bad really. I was weighing in at 28k+ every day hauling dirt with my 6.7. Handles it just fine.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

Does your trailer still have the factory China tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
They are G rated, but I'm absolutely sure that Forest River puts the cheapest thing they can on there. I was going to wear these out and get some nice LT tires for it next.

But now that my pride and joy was wrecked by wifey, I'll probably going to dump it. W/ no truck to pull the trailer I'll dump it too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
They are G rated, but I'm absolutely sure that Forest River puts the cheapest thing they can on there. I was going to wear these out and get some nice LT tires for it next.

But now that my pride and joy was wrecked by wifey, I'll probably going to dump it. W/ no truck to pull the trailer I'll dump it too.
NOOOOOOOOO!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Latest posts

Members online