3" or more lifted 6.7s

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have a forman here at work that has a 2013 f250 4x4 ccsb. he put a 2.5" leveling kit in the front and to me it looks more than that but his assend is about 3 inches lower. he has a tool box transfer tank combo in it that is always full. i wouldn't think that 30gal of diesel fuel in the front of the bed, like they normally are, would make it squat that mutch. im almost thinking he overloaded i but anyway. he is getting a couple add a leafs put in on each side, as he has something hooked to it very often and they said it could take more than just a couple add a leafs to get it level or a hair higher in the rear.

so my question is for those of you that are lifted 3"s or more, how bad does it affect the driveline angle and what is needed to fix that?

i dont know if it has a carrier bearing to shim in it or not.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
3" or more lifted 6.7s

I wouldn't add a ton of leaves.. Maybe one if he really needs it, then just measure how much larger of a block would be needed to make it sit slightly raked. You can also have taper built into the blocks or add a taper shim if shimming the carrier isn't possible.

For carrier bearings a rough rule of thumb is a 1/4" shim for each 1" of lift.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I wouldn't add a ton of leaves.. Maybe one if he really needs it, then just measure how much larger of a block would be needed to make it sit slightly raked. You can also have taper built into the blocks or add a taper shim if shimming the carrier isn't possible.

For carrier bearings a rough rule of thumb is a 1/4" shim for each 1" of lift.
thanks man. he doesn't want bags and tows heavy so he is doing 2 leafs per side. lots of bumper pull crap..

how high can ya go before shocks need lengthened?

live life full throttle

under construction

Reaction score
I have a 2.5" leveling kit in the front of mine with the 6000lb springs which are an inch taller that the 5600lb ones. I had to put a 5" block on the rear to get it to sit a 1/2" higher than the front. If he has the heavy 6000lb springs like I do it is like having a 3.5" lift. Mine sits just a bit higher than my bosses truck that has a 3" rough country lift on it.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Bigger blocks with air bags is the way to go. With my 2.5 I ran a 5" rear block and with my 3.5" now I run a 6" rear block gives the truck just a little rake. When I hook the trailer to it with a small load it sits pretty level anymore than that I just put air in the bags.

Why doesn't he want bags? Also if he stock shocks they need to be replaced anyways because stock ones are crap. But it doesn't take much lift to need longer shocks

On edit: I haven't done anything extra to the drive line as far as angles Just a track bar up front to re center the axle

Last edited:

under construction

Reaction score
Bigger blocks with air bags is the way to go. With my 2.5 I ran a 5" rear block and with my 3.5" now I run a 6" rear block gives the truck just a little rake. When I hook the trailer to it with a small load it sits pretty level anymore than that I just put air in the bags.

Why doesn't he want bags? Also if he stock shocks they need to be replaced anyways because stock ones are crap. But it doesn't take much lift to need longer shocks

I agree that I would do a 5" with bags. That is what I have now and it works great! the stock shocks will still fit but they are junk and they are out of there range and will be over extended easy.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
doesn't like messing with air.

keep the replies coming. more info the better..

thanks a lot fellas!

live life full throttle

B.Warning

Reaction score
doesn't like messing with air.

keep the replies coming. more info the better..

thanks a lot fellas!

live life full throttle

So put them on, add 30psi and forget about them. I leave 45psi in mine all the time.

I did leafs to 1 truck and hated it from the time I pulled it out of the shop. Personally if he's against bags I'd bring it to level with a block then add a additional over load spring to the stack to help with being loaded but not hinder the ride.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
So put them on, add 30psi and forget about them. I leave 45psi in mine all the time.

I did leafs to 1 truck and hated it from the time I pulled it out of the shop. Personally if he's against bags I'd bring it to level with a block then add a additional over load spring to the stack to help with being loaded but not hinder the ride.
rides fine. im driving it as i type. looks good no issues so far. tires are loud.

live life full throttle

Latest posts