30+ Lbs of Boost?

Wojo

Reaction score
i was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas as to why my truck builds 30+ Lbs of boost. My injectors are stock. my Charger is stock. i have no head studs. and im running Eric at Innovatives Xtreme Street tune. the truck did not start doing this until i went from my 37's to 33's .here are my current symptoms.

1) going up a steep grade if you pin it it will will build 30+ lbs of boost and the truck will not downshift but accelerate slowly up the hill
2) going 70 mph if i pin it to pass someone my truck will not downshift and it will build 30+ lbs of boost and slowly accelerate.
3) if i pin the throttle from a dead stop i will build up to about 28 lbs of boost but when i get to around 60 mph and the truck does its last shift the truck cuts out. by cutting out i mean it feels like it goes in to limp mode. it wont accelerate or decelerate until it finally shifts. it almost feels like maybe the fuel is cutting out?

all this happens regardless how full my tank its. it runs and shifts great if im deep in the accelerator but not pinned. my oil change was less than 2000 miles ago. im not puking coolant. my air filter is clean. my ICP and pigtail are Brand new with maybe 10,000 miles on it. i run fuel additive. bothe my cam and crank sensors were replaced last year. and my turbo was pulled and cleaned last november in 2010. im out of ideas. also. there are no codes. here is a video of what im talking about. this is a pull from 70+ showing how much boost i build.

th_photobucket-3247-1323894993658.jpg

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can build 30lbs. The truck leaves its current location pretty quick when it happens though. Something with your gauge may be effed up. But it runs rough?

Wojo

Reaction score
I'm building 35lbs NOT on a boosted launch. The truck runs great all the time.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
When it "cuts out" as you describe you say it's before it shifts right? Are you bitting the rev limiter? What does your tach say?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wojo

Reaction score
I'll have to try it to morrow and see if it's on the rev limiter but I am 90% sure it's not. When it goes to shift it stutters a little bit for 1 or 2 seconds and then it shifts. I should also note that my speed sensor is going bad and I think it's ****ing with the truck a bit. I butim not sure.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Check ebp sensor, can cause VGT malfunction and spool incorrectly and won't function properly on turbine side if the sensor isnt 100%.

Last edited:

Wojo

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the ebp sensor was turned off in a later flash for the 6.0. If I'm wrong what am I looking for?

Mdub707

Reaction score
Who's tunes are you using. I went back and for for a while with tunes from someone that did this. It would run like crazy up to the shift point then fall on it's face and hang there for almost a full second, then shift and pull like crazy again. It only happened on that persons tunes, no one else's did it. Ultimately I think it was my trans actually messing up, since it was a reman, but it was only those tunes. Load up other tunes from Eric and the problem went away. Mine did it in almost every gear though, and if I left the tune loaded up for more than 3k miles or so, it seemed to go away, almost as if the truck learned around the tuning.

Your other issues just seem like the difference in gearing between the 37's and your current 33's though, nothing I'd worry about.

I've also tacked my 35psi boost gauge a few times with these tunes too, nothing to worry about in that regard.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Your other issues just seem like the difference in gearing between the 37's and your current 33's though, nothing I'd worry about.

I've also tacked my 35psi boost gauge a few times with these tunes too, nothing to worry about in that regard.
Just a thought along these lines.... OP did you adjust tire size in the SCT to adjust shift points? Perhaps you're bouncing off the rev limiter?

I'll add that I see 35 psi from time to time as well. Same tune.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've changed tire sizes a few times and haven't noticed anything. Same with my buddy's 05 CC/SB, he went from dinky tires up to 37's and never changed tunes, ran just as crisp as it did before.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
Return your tune to stock, then re-load the tune, but make sure to set the tire size correctly in the options on the SCT before you load the tune. I think it asks for revolutions per mile, not tire height. My truck acted really funny when I switched from one company's tunes to another and forgot to set it correctly for my 37's.

lancepender

Reaction score
How many revolutions per mil does 37" work out to be? I have 37's and the SCT livewire. Ive never changed my tire size. :confused:

Sent from Tapatalk..

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
It's the tire size adjustment. Google revs per mile and adjust it in your tune. 35psi is fine, you've got a healthy turbo.

Latest posts

Members online