30% over nozzles

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Yes like B585Ford and madman said skip the ported rails. And madman is right that the low pressure pump isn't going to be a power adder, but with say a fuelab and a fuel bowl delete. You can get the fuel filtered down to 1 micron if you want( with the correct filter) it will clean up the engine bay, and the filters are easier and cheaper to change(even though you spend good money on the fuel system). Plus you won't have to wordy about the water separator getting gunked up and not working like on the stock setup.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
Possible lower temps spooling up and possible gain at the top end (and hopefully a little less EBP) since it becomes a bottleneck. BTW skip the ported rails. The stock ones work fine for guys running a LOT more fuel than you....and some people get a bad surge from them so they are definitely not worth it for your build.

Although I personally love my 15% nozzles on a stock, single HPFP (because of the improved spool up), if reliability is your goal, I am with Sootie and recommend stock nozzles due to the extra strain it will put on the HPFP. As 08 said, I would go with a Fuel Lab (or areomotive) over a FASS....definitely no AD.

:whs:

I have stock rails.... There is no evidence of ported rails gaining anything, and a lot of people have actually had surging issues with them installed. Unfortunately adding a low pressure fuel system probably doesn't do anything for power. Unless your stock pump is tired and isn't feeding the hpfp adequately. If you can maintain rail pressure on a high tune, all you're doing by adding a pump that pumps more is just constantly recirculating more fuel. If you're not maintaining rail pressure on your highest tune, its probably because the hpfp can't maintain, not because your low pressure fuel system isn't supplying it with enough fuel.

The only benefit I see from an aftermarket low pressure system with a stock hpfp is that you set the pressure to what you want and can monitor it with a gauge to make sure it's not draining pressure and starving the hpfp. With a stock pump you basically don't know until the truck doesn't start anymore because there is No way to monitor it and no codes that correlate to it. But ultimately it's going to be regulated down to what the fuel bowl is set at which is like 3psi +- a psi or two

if he is using a mini maxx, he can monitor lpfp pressure

madman1234509

Reaction score
There is no sensor on the truck to monitor low pressure fuel. If there was we would probably have a code to alert us when the pump starts to fail. The parameter on the minimax is probably generic be cause it can be used on more than one application. It also monitor "gph" flow. Which is silly

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the benefit to a lp system, is you can put whatever filters on it you want to, and get rid of that pita on the frame rail.

not saying that the one on the frame is bad, but comparing changing that filter to a spin on is no contest.

Latest posts

Members online