300/200 on factory tune

Big Calo

Reaction score
Is anything going to destruct by running 300/200 injectors on a stock truck. I do not have any tuner currently on the truck, but will there be any bad side effects from running he injectors on factory tuning. The reason is that I bought the injectors and when I got them they were packaged so bad that I went ahead and installed them to make sure there was no damage to them so that way I could pull and send them off to get checked out and not have any more downtime than necessary with the build. Not sure if the factory tuning timing would be to advanced or not. Maybe that made sense.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
The timing will be very conservative and will likely make it more smokey especially when cold. Driving around it should be OK many have drove around with even400/400s without a chip. If you really lay into it however it will likely be very hot and smokey as the stock calibration has a conservative ICP map and the longer PW will unload a bit of fuel.

My 200% nozzles idle like a factory truck on the stock calibration. It just hazes more on a cold start but nothing horrible. I have drove around on the stock calibration it runs and drives just fine. I would not try to hook a huge load to it and pull some hills etc...

Last edited:

Big Calo

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks! I'm not doing any thing to push it at all. My main concern is just testing the injectors to make sure they are good.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
Drive it. I drive mine a lot with the stock PCM calibration and 200% nozzles. Keep in mind that there's not going to be a "hold" accelerator pedal position....you'll have an on/off switch that goes from decelerate to accelerate.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yes. As cleatus said the injectors will be on and then off. You will push and have nothing then they will come alive and you'll be fueling. Mine only loped when the oil got hot hot. Ifit was 60 degrees or less outside itnever would have made it to the lope point.

Mine wasnt really that bad to drive. It was better than some of yesteryears intentional tuning sold for these trucks. It'll lack refinement but if you are an easy driver you may only notice a few things already mentioned.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Actually it's an OBS. I forgot that part. I've been driving it and on the first startup it idled pretty smooth, but now after
I got it aired out it lopes like crazy. The accelerator is very touchy. 1/8th throttle is like trying to mash the accelerator through the floor board on stock injectors. The CEL is permanently on right now. Lol! I don't think the computer knows what's going on. I haven't set the cruise control so don't know how that will be, but it is silky smooth under the slight acceleration I've need doing. I have a built transmission in it, and it used to bang into gear hard, just jolted the whole truck, but now it shifts very smooth. Only thing I can figure is that there is so little throttle input now that the line pressure is staying low.

So far so good. I'll hook AE up to it to figure out the CEL and watch HPO pressure.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Update:

The first drive I did was only about 20 miles. I stopped by my dads house and talked about an hour. When I left
It had a little bit of an extended crank, which I know will get better. But after it started the CEL never came on and the lope almost is gone. Throttle is still a bit touchy but nothing unlovable for the moment. So I guess it back to waiting for the rest of my stuff to come in, and then the fun begins.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Update:

The first drive I did was only about 20 miles. I stopped by my dads house and talked about an hour. When I left
It had a little bit of an extended crank, which I know will get better. But after it started the CEL never came on and the lope almost is gone. Throttle is still a bit touchy but nothing unlovable for the moment. So I guess it back to waiting for the rest of my stuff to come in, and then the fun begins.
They are fun. I have 300/200s in my single cab and it can get rowdy when both tires break loose at speed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Mine is a regular cab too, and 2wd. What is your setup?
That truck is a rcsb 2wd that I bought with most of the goodies done to it but was non running at the time.. anyway it has fresh motor but stock rods coated pistons, arp's....
Swamps 300/200s
Gen 3
Swamps tunes for now
GT 42-- I think it's a 74mm turbo
Headers

96F350KID

Reaction score
They should run like crap until you have it tuned as far as drivability goes. Touchy throttle is normal but being in an OBS it shouldn't skip a lot at idle. Sorry if they were packaged crappy as I didn't do it myself an employee did but should of been wrapped in shop rags and packaged in a tight box. If you have an issues it should show up when warm and you need to get at least 100 miles on them if you're unable to use full throttle and have ICP to keep up to push the air out.

Big Calo

Reaction score
They should run like crap until you have it tuned as far as drivability goes. Touchy throttle is normal but being in an OBS it shouldn't skip a lot at idle. Sorry if they were packaged crappy as I didn't do it myself an employee did but should of been wrapped in shop rags and packaged in a tight box. If you have an issues it should show up when warm and you need to get at least 100 miles on them if you're unable to use full throttle and have ICP to keep up to push the air out.

They are running fine right now. Just a little lope at idle and touchy throttle. Every time I drive it is a little bit better.

They were boxed in the individual injector boxes, but there was only one blue shop towel around each one. When the UPS guy carried them in I could here them clinking and had a bit of an oh crap moment. I wanted to go ahead and throw them in the truck to make sure that there was no problems, and if there was I could get it resolved as quickly as possible and not have a bunch of extra downtime.

As of right now I think all is good and I'm good to go.

Big Calo

Reaction score
That truck is a rcsb 2wd that I bought with most of the goodies done to it but was non running at the time.. anyway it has fresh motor but stock rods coated pistons, arp's....
Swamps 300/200s
Gen 3
Swamps tunes for now
GT 42-- I think it's a 74mm turbo
Headers

Stock rods for me too. I'm gonna roll the dice for now.

I'm going to run a precision 76mm turbo

Stock 17* HPOP for now until I can upgrade to probably a Gen 3 so that ought to help keep it olive.

cleatus12r

Reaction score
What is your setup Cletus?

I wouldn't call it a "setup".

2000 regular cab 2wd auto.

Ford reman transmission
71mm Holset HX50-ish
250/200%

Stock exhaust (except for a muffler from an OBS and a lowered "hump" over the rear axle since the rear is lowered 2.5 inches)
Stock fuel
Stock oil

It made a little power once just to see if it would break 500 RWHP.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Cool. Not sure what the stock 17* HPOP will do for me, but I reckon I'll find out.

Latest posts

Members online