325/65r18 Terra Grapplers

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running them and what they think?

My dad runs the Terras at a smaller size and loves them... BUT my biggest concern with the 325s is their 50psi max. Unfortunately ordered them assuming the specs would be the same for a tire thats only 1" bigger than my dads but for some reason when I double checked the load rating is way lower? Personally I dont under stand how a tire thats only 1" bigger goes from an E rating to a D rating? :doh:

Won't be doing hardly any towing with this truck its just a daily/gravel backroad cruiser. So I'm just curious about daily driving and what PSI to run on the front tires.

Petro

Reaction score
I ran a few sets on my first 6.4. To be honest, they kind of sucked. They didn't really seem to last worth a damn and they didn't perform nearly as well as my BFG ATs.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I may just have to ride it out and see. Gonna try to cancel my order and hold off for awhile. But incase it doesn't happen do you remember what tire pressures you were running when you did have them?

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I hated mine...barely made 30k miles...just bought a set of 35x12.5x18 Toyo open country MTs....heard great things about them

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with the 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country AT2s. I don't tow everyday but I do tow every once in awhile if my dad needs help on the farm. The 35" Toyos are E rated so I feel a lot safer running them plus they still look somewhat aggressive for only being an All Terrain.

Now I just hope I can call Monday and cancel my order and don't get stuck with the 325 Terras.

Petro

Reaction score
I was running them right in the 50 to 60 psi area. I went to Bfg ATs for my all terrain tires and Mickey Thompson MTZs for my mud terrains and have had good luck with both. The nittos just didn't seem to last like the other brands.

duddy

Reaction score
I am running that size. I have gotten good mileage out of them and they are holding up to sled pulling. They did not like throwing my uncles truck camper on tho, got a tad warm.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I'd love to run a 325 but the times I tow it's usually a big flat bed trailer with a tractor (or 2) so I'd rather not push my luck with the Terra 325 seeing as they're not rated very high. Wish they'd make the 325 Terras to specs so guys who tow don't have to worry about them. I know they'd probably handle 60psi just fine BUT for the occasions I tow if **** hits the fan insurance can deny a claim for running tires that aren't rated. I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to my truck and my equipment.

I guess time will tell. Just have to wait and see what the tire shop says about my order. If they don't let me cancel it I'll have a set of 4 325/65r18 Terra Grapplers for sale very shortly haha

jdc753

Reaction score
I am actually on my second set, first set I got just over 40k out of mostly due to bad alignment. Went to Toyo MT's after that which I got just under 60k out of but much nicer tire. Got a second set of terra grapplers about a month ago to be a winter tire, and will go back to the toyo's when I get another set of wheels.

looks like the toyo is rated for 400lbs capacity higher than the terra.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
I am actually on my second set, first set I got just over 40k out of mostly due to bad alignment. Went to Toyo MT's after that which I got just under 60k out of but much nicer tire. Got a second set of terra grapplers about a month ago to be a winter tire, and will go back to the toyo's when I get another set of wheels.

looks like the toyo is rated for 400lbs capacity higher than the terra.

Yeah I'm gonna go with the Toyo AT2s. E rated 10 ply mildly aggressive and made in 35x12.5r18. I've heard good things about them and won't have to worry about towing every now and then

Latest posts

Members online