325/65R18'S are next!

SOBX

Reaction score
So I'm about to pull the trigger on some 325/65R18 Duratracks or Falken Wild Peaks. They're going on stock wheels and the leveling kit is already on it's way. Thoughts? Warnings?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

bboteler

Reaction score
I put my 325/65R18 on 18x9's stock rims may be a tad narrow. But I'm a huge fan of duratracs...wish they had them in 35x12.50R18

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
The stock wheel are a tad narrow for those tires. A 9-10" wide wheel would work best, otherwise a tire that is 11" wide is better on stock wheels.

jdc753

Reaction score
I know people have run them on stock width tires and I never heard anything adverse, I would guess you might have to run a little lower tire pressure to keep the contact patch even but thats all I can think.

I ran some terra grapplers in that size on some 18x9 aftermarket wheels and they bulged out quite a bit but I never really had any trouble with them. Only dropped them because the grapplers weren't the best in any mud or heavy snow.

little luke

Reaction score
These are 305/65/r18 in the falkens at stock hieght. I will say the falkens do not seem as wide or tall as my old bfg's in the same size. But they have run through snow, ice and alittle mud at the farm with no issue. And they were cheap.
duqugy6u.jpg
uhepusap.jpg

Although they don't shed gravel as well as the bfg's.

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
My buddy ran that exact size on his 04, stock harley wheels. They were the pro-comp x-terrains. They rubbed on the frame a bit (leaf spring front end too) but that was it.

SOBX

Reaction score
I'll be putting the running shoes on an 06 F350 FX4. Albeit more expensive, I think I'm going with the Goodyear Duratracks.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I am running this size on stock KR 18 wheels with Terra Grapplers and never had an issue.... No rubbing anywhere.... Truck originally had 35x12.5x18 BFG Mud Terrains when I bought it and didnt have an issue either.

SOBX

Reaction score
Wow, I should update this. I got the tires and they look and ride great. I ended up gaining a bit of economy, much to my surprise. I think its because I live on the Air Force academy now and have about 15 miles of freeway driving every morning to get to Ft Carson. There is a bit of rubbing at full lock, but that's nothing a leveling kit won't fix. I'll put some pictures up soon.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.