35s on stock height?

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
i have a 97 f350 4wd and i really want 35s but i dont even have enough money for them at the moment, let alone a lift kit. but, id still like to know if 35x12.50s will fit on stock height? ive seen my exact truck with the exact wheel/tire combo that i want and it looks SICK! but i talked to the guy and he said that he bought his tires used and i think what he meant was that they actually were 34s because they were worn. but do any of you know if 35x12.50s on wheels with -24 offset will fit and not rub? (i know im gonna have to trim the bumper) and do you possibly have any pictures?

superpsd

Reaction score
On my 97 F250 I run 255/85/16s on the factory Alcoa wheels in a Toyo M/T they are a narrow 33 1/2" tire. I love them on and off road. I only have maybe 6k miles on them but they have been silent.

Last edited:

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
4 inch or a leveling kit might work. I am not to sure on the obs. All I know is 285's filled my stock fender wells up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
I just installed 285 fierce attitude tires on 16x10 Eagles and I had to slightly trim a tiny bit off my bumper. It's a bone stock 97 350 srw reg cab fwiw. And my springs could be sagging to old age but that is why I'm gonna get an RSK kit soon.

bluedge8

Reaction score
my truck is sagging bad in the front, and with my 325/60/20's on an unknown offset rub at full lock pretty bad, they actually rub the fender. When I have my camper on the don't rub,, LOL but the camper does weigh 3600 lbs empty

bluedge8

Reaction score
I did just think that not having a stock front bumper probably helps me to fit my tires on the truck with stock height.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
Where are you located I just lift mine and have some almost brand new 285 75 16 on sd rims that I would be willing to sell to buy my new set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
First, the bumper on 92-97 won't clear any tire much wider than stock. Including 285 most of the time. It is just one of those stupid design flaws. I think a person should just trim it and put edge molding on it. On my 96, I have it shimmed foreword about 1.5 inches.

That being said:
My 96 F250 CCSB has stock F350 suspension. Stock springs, blocks and all just bolted on.

I'm running 315/75/16 General Grabber AT2. On 16x10 Weld outbacks.

Nothing rubs. I must say I have another truck for serious off road, so I haven't had it "twisted up" but I have towed, hauled and been off road with it and no rubbing.

The standard disclosure "results may vary" but it works for me. It does come very close to the rear edge of the front wheelwells.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I have 35x12.5's on my truck, all stock suspension and zero rubbing. I did have to do a minor trim on the bumper but I'd be willing to bet unless I pointed it out to you, you'd never know the bumper had been trimmed.

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
I really like the look of trucks when they lean to the back. If i got a 4 inch lift and just installed the front stuff and not the blocks or amything in the back, would that mess anything up? Then would 35s fit? And does anyone happen to have a picture of that?

Latest posts

Members online