37k miles of fuel tracked

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I wanted to show the MPGs when you track them. Stuff fell off around Marck 2015.

12698186_10208732613338468_7520116918273269722_o.jpg

dsberman94

Reaction score
I just tried to look up mine but it's not available on the app yet. I've only got 1200 miles or so logged as well so it wouldn't show much.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
You guys have a bit more mods than I do for sure especially in tire size. I will say comparing the GPS and dash cluster they shows a 2% difference in miles driven. For my data I found these figures to add as much as .5 MPG to the overall total.

I.E. Using only the dash cluster miles driven and fuel added to the cap I would calculate 16MPG but if I use the GPS miles driven I would see 16.5 MPG.

I'm going to "test" one other thing. I'm putting the OEM *** back exhaust on. That big uptick in June 2015 seems to have been brought down due to an exhaust swap. I know it sounds crazy but I'm just going to see what happens. I didn't note the swap but I was in between oil changes so that's ruled out. During that May-June time frame I was using MC 10w30. I had been trying Mobil 1 5w40 since I had tons on hand with no real differences noted. Maybe some other brands would fare better so those choices may come in the future as well. I try to run oils for more than one change to see if they really make any difference.

I'm just going to make the effort to track changes better i.e. oil type/weight; any mods, tire changes (coming soon), etc etc. This will help give better data to evaluate in the long run. I'm becoming more convinced the 10w30 is the better oil weight to use. I'm hoping to snatch up some 5w30 but it's hard to find and get it priced right.

Latest posts

Members online