37x13.5R22 w/ 22x14 -76 Offset on....... 6" ProComp?

hoosiers16

Reaction score
The title says it all. I know I'll have to do some massaging (trim fender well, possibly space out the front bumper), but I'd rather not lift the truck any more.

Is this possible? I'm willing to live with a little rub when hitting a bump at full lock, just need to be able to go full lock on flat ground. If lifting the truck is the only way to make these fit, can I get by with just adding a coil spacer like the one Rough Country offers?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
I've seen pics of trucks that have done that setup on 35's but not sure about 37's. There might be a reason why too. If it doesn't fit without major trimming then you could potetnially throw a 1" spacer up front and adjust the rear's lift accordingly to see if you could still stuff them without scrubbing severely. Having done 22x14's and 37's on my last truck I can tell you it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Yes it might look cool but it gets expensive fast when parts start wearing out and nothing seems to balance perfectly. I'd rather save my money this time around for other stuff lol

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, being 21 years old means I'm forbidden to heed the warnings of wiser men than myself lol. Thankfully I'll be getting a work truck so I can keep the mileage down with this setup. That being said, by "parts wearing out" were you referring to wheel bearings and brakes? Were there any other issues apart from unbalanced wheels? Also, what size lift were you running at the time?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, being 21 years old means I'm forbidden to heed the warnings of wiser men than myself lol. Thankfully I'll be getting a work truck so I can keep the mileage down with this setup. That being said, by "parts wearing out" were you referring to wheel bearings and brakes? Were there any other issues apart from unbalanced wheels? Also, what size lift were you running at the time?

Take it from somebody who's 27, married now & looking to buy some property & finally build a home these days lol. You're sooo much better off saving your money than doing all that stuff. My last truck was a 2012 silverado w/ 12" of lift and the 37x13.5r22 toyo mt's on 22x14 XD diesels. Hubs and CV axles never stood a chance once I was on a job site in 4WD lol. YES it was an IFS truck vs a solid axle like the super duty's have, but even my buddy went the same route with a stanced super duty and his parts began to fatigue sooner even though his was obviously a stouter truck. If I knew then what I have started to accept now as the truth, I'd have said f*** that lifted scene and just put my money into property or a side business to help me make money lol. It's your money though man and best of luck to you with it! If you want the stanced look be ready to pay for it

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Take it from somebody who's 27, married now & looking to buy some property & finally build a home these days lol. You're sooo much better off saving your money than doing all that stuff. My last truck was a 2012 silverado w/ 12" of lift and the 37x13.5r22 toyo mt's on 22x14 XD diesels. Hubs and CV axles never stood a chance once I was on a job site in 4WD lol. YES it was an IFS truck vs a solid axle like the super duty's have, but even my buddy went the same route with a stanced super duty and his parts began to fatigue sooner even though his was obviously a stouter truck. If I knew then what I have started to accept now as the truth, I'd have said f*** that lifted scene and just put my money into property or a side business to help me make money lol. It's your money though man and best of luck to you with it! If you want the stanced look be ready to pay for it

:( It just looks so gooooood though lol. Alright old man well thanks for the info!

cousincleatus

Reaction score
I've got that exact thing with no issues .6"pro comp 37X 13.50X22 nittos.

Attachments

• IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    533.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
:( It just looks so gooooood though lol. Alright old man well thanks for the info!

I agree man. Again it's your money not mine lol. Oh and the above pic doesn't look anything like 22x14's so I would take it with a grain of salt. You could check that website custom offsets to see their gallery but again take what you see on there with a grain of salt as most of those people/children who submit pics on there have no problem taking a sawzall to a $60k truck lol

Last edited:

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462363887.958455.jpg

This is a friend of mines truck and it's a 6" procomp with 37/13.50/22's wheels are 22x11 it doesn't rub at all but it gets very close. I don't think you could run a 14" wide wheel with out serious rubbing and having to cut into metal to stop it

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Yeah you're right if he is barely clearing now then 14's would definitely need some work. I'm just trying to figure out how much cutting would be necessary versus just adding a coil spacer.. Might end up having to do a combination of both.

On another note, anyone have input on running a tire that's 1/2" less with than the wheel (37x13.5 on 22x14)? I tow a gooseneck of decent weight occasionally, any real danger of a tire unseating?

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Never had issues towing a mini excavator behind my old truck with 22x14's and 37x13.5r22's as far as the wheel/tire combo was concerned but after trying to do so several times I felt it was probably a bit wiser to just use a stock truck to tow it between the swaying, jerking and lack of braking ability in that '12 silverado 1500 lol. Being that high up never felt very safe with a heavier load in tow. Towing a small boat or jetski was no problem but I wouldn't advise towing a gooseneck with that kind of lift. The old truck just seemed to not be stout enough or heavy enough to manage that kind of weight. I'm sure there's products out there to help but I didn't tow enough to justify them especially when I had other trucks to do the heavy hauling

Last edited:

hoosiers16

Reaction score
My man :toast: thanks, again! looks like lil bro will be doing the heavy hauling then.. less work for me anyway lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.