38r BatMoWheel Update

Wicked

Reaction score
I understand putting one on a 38r, but am I the only one that doesn't see why you'd spend the investment like that on a stock turbo?

Honestly if I knew now what I know now I think my perfect setup would be:

-Van turbo with EBPV delete, batmowheel, and ATS housing... completely rebuildable
-180cc Stage 2's with 100% nozzles
-910 springs + hardoned pushrods
-SRP1 pump
-RR and just one walbro fuel pump

No need for studs and won't eat up your engine... even with running on your hottest tune 24/7 when not towing.

It is an expensive wheel for a stock turbo but I would only do it if the above setup was going to be my only setup I would ever run.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Honestly if I knew now what I know now I think my perfect setup would be:

-Van turbo with EBPV delete, batmowheel, and ATS housing... completely rebuildable
-180cc Stage 2's with 100% nozzles
-910 springs + hardoned pushrods
-SRP1 pump
-RR and just one walbro fuel pump

No need for studs and won't eat up your engine... even with running on your hottest tune 24/7 when not towing.

It is an expensive wheel for a stock turbo but I would only do it if the above setup was going to be my only setup I would ever run.

All I know is that if I can get anywhere near your numbers with my new setup, even with the batmowheel I will be a happy guy LoL

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
I understand, but damn the shaft and wheels on the stock turbo are just sooo small.. the s366 is comparable to the 38r as close as a journal bearing turbo can get for $500 less, and that seems like a more logical turbo to release a batmowheel for.. im biased I guess ;)

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Cause I want to know how the wheel affects everything.

I've been wondering the same also, I need him to check out my truck...

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I'm only trying one out, because I don't have the funds to swap to a t4 mount and turbo.... I know I could pull it off and sell it and and be pretty close to what it would cost me,but since I already have the 38r I wanna see just how much I can get out of it

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I understand, but damn the shaft and wheels on the stock turbo are just sooo small.. the s366 is comparable to the 38r as close as a journal bearing turbo can get for $500 less, and that seems like a more logical turbo to release a batmowheel for.. im biased I guess ;)

Some of us have smog inspections/tests to pass :(

juniort444e

Reaction score
MadDiesel, where did you have your motor work done at? And do you see a difference with matts cam?

Cant wait to see the differences between the reg 38r and batmos 38r.

Wicked

Reaction score
Got my wheel today... To bad my engine is still not here... maybe Wednesday or Thursday...

20120227_130922.jpg

How is everyone installing these... It just came with a sheet of paper to torque it down to 170-200 inch/lbs with a drop of blue loctite. The turbo is currently off the truck (no engine in yet)... should I take it to a performance shop and have them do it or should I just shoot it off/on with and impact gun like I did with the Wicked Wheel on the stock turbo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online