38r boost with stock injectors?????

nasty6.6

Reaction score
On stock injectors wouldnt you think the 38r would clean up the smoke? I mean I get a solid cloud still at wot and boost gauge only shows 24lbs of boost.

checked for leaks and it held pressure and no codes. Figured id ask and see what yall thought.

goodie85

Reaction score
On stock injectors wouldnt you think the 38r would clean up the smoke? I mean I get a solid cloud still at wot and boost gauge only shows 24lbs of boost.

checked for leaks and it held pressure and no codes. Figured id ask and see what yall thought.

I wondered the same when i put mine on, turns out you need to crank the wastegate, trust me i wish i would have known this before instalation, its not as easy with it already installed. I recommend getting a replacement c-clip because it is lost once you get it off haha

sent from my galaxy note

goodie85

Reaction score
Also fwiw, with my 38" tires with the wastegate completely cranked i was seeing 35-40psi in my race tune. 1.00 housing with intake, exhaust, and davids tunes.

sent from my galaxy note

Dvskate

Reaction score
I just put a 38r in and see 25-almost 30 psi in hot tune with the gate cranked 3 turns in from how I received it. Little bit of smoke on takeoff but just a haze at wot

TyCorr

Reaction score
I believe if you have a haze at wot with a stock injectored truck spinning a 38r something is wrong. If you are cruising in od and stab it, there will be a puff and then it should be squeaky clean. 30 is pretty normal for me. If the tires are spinning it'll go a lil higher.

**** with stg 2's id only see 38psi on the road and it was pretty clean. Slight haze at WOT.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I just put a 38r in and see 25-almost 30 psi in hot tune with the gate cranked 3 turns in from how I received it. Little bit of smoke on takeoff but just a haze at wot

This is business as usual in my book. Sounds.right and jives.with my findings.

greenthunder7.3

Reaction score
i never heard about adjusting the wastegate on these. i want to do it to mine! is there anything tricky about it? the most i have seen out of my truck is 20psi but i have diff tuning now i have not put my boost guage back in it yet.

smokin99stroke

Reaction score
i never heard about adjusting the wastegate on these. i want to do it to mine! is there anything tricky about it? the most i have seen out of my truck is 20psi but i have diff tuning now i have not put my boost guage back in it yet.

Yeah, it would have been a lot easier before you put it in. Don't lose the little c-clip either. If you have stock injectors you can tighten it all the way down.

1ofakind79

Reaction score
I can get 24-25 out of mine on my highest tune with stock injectors. I need to adjust it more I can still get smoke if I stand on it hard. But I'm waiting for my adjustment when I pull it back out for the WW2 install in a week or 2.

TyCorr

Reaction score
so what is it set at before adjusted?

Who the hell knows...how many peanuts are in a can of peanuts. How many hydrogen atoms in a bottle of water? Thats not me being a smartass, thats telling you the obvious: theres no definitive answer. Some need adjusting some dont. You could.take a turbo.out of a.box and its perfect for one truck and completely wrong for the next.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I can get 24-25 out of mine on my highest tune with stock injectors. I need to adjust it more I can still get smoke if I stand on it hard. But I'm waiting for my adjustment when I pull it back out for the WW2 install in a week or 2.

Sustained? Or it puffs/hazes in a race tune? 38r should clean up completely stock fuel at 27-30psi. My truck with stg 2s and 38r was squeaky clean. Puff when accelerating and then slight haze until the turbo hit 25+psi.

How can anyone.have smoke.trouble with a charger that lights instantly?

PDT1081

Reaction score
Sustained? Or it puffs/hazes in a race tune? 38r should clean up completely stock fuel at 27-30psi. My truck with stg 2s and 38r was squeaky clean. Puff when accelerating and then slight haze until the turbo hit 25+psi.

How can anyone.have smoke.trouble with a charger that lights instantly?

6spd. I'll hit 27psi in my truck before the CEL comes on for overboost and exhaust back pressure. I get a puff of smoke on each shift if I put my foot in it (should probably change my fuel and air filters). I run a canned SCT XCal2, tow program. I also have 4.10s.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
**** I see 30 psi in tow tune, and I don't have my waste gate hooked up.. I did not connect the redline

Latest posts

Members online