38r inlet clamps

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Ordered a 38r for Black Friday sale, figured I'd open the box to make sure everything was in there. Only came with one tbolt band clamp for the compressor inlet, shows quantity of one on the parts list as well, but in the install pictures it shows 2 clamps. Does everyone just use a normal hose clamp on the end that connects to the PCV connection on the intake? Or should there be two clamps in the kit? Don't want to be "that guy" and say I'm missing parts, I'll order a clamp if needed. Thanks

mandkole

Reaction score
As the customer with a question on a shipment, its very reasonable contact the supplier direct. You become 'that guy' when stuff it taken to the webs and it blows up. The members on the webs are not usually in the best position to give good advice about an unknown suppliers shipments.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
The 38r only comes with 1 clamp. The T-bolt clamp that you mention. You re-use the worm clamp from the stock intake. The supplied T-bolt clamp connects the 4" intake boot to the turbo.

DrDenny

Reaction score
I just received my GTP38R no clamps, just turbo and intake boot.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
That's what I figured, was just confused by the install pictures in the instructions. Not that it's really needed, but does anyone know where I can purchase one of those clamps? They're made by R.G.Ray just like the ford ones on the charge air cooler tubes, but don't think Ford will have a 4" one. Might just try to find a nicer style hose clamp.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
As the customer with a question on a shipment, its very reasonable contact the supplier direct. You become 'that guy' when stuff it taken to the webs and it blows up. The members on the webs are not usually in the best position to give good advice about an unknown suppliers shipments.

Good point, definitely don't want to be "that guy" haha. I ordered from Dieselsite and they are and have been helpful any time I've called them.

mandkole

Reaction score
Good point, definitely don't want to be "that guy" haha. I ordered from Dieselsite and they are and have been helpful any time I've called them.

Its all good man, dont mean to ball bust ya. :D I just like seeing the supplier get the opportunity to give customer service.

Latest posts

Members online