4.30 gears on truck with 38" tires

Coueshunter

Reaction score
Anyone running the factory ford gears? Thinking of picking up a set to swap on my truck when adding 38's. Anyone do this?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Rpm wasn't too high at 80-85mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our service trucks run 2500 rpm at 75 and they last plenty long, I don't think these things have all the cavitation and water pump issues the 6.4s had

Profuzz

Reaction score
4:30 made 06 6.0 feel thousands of pounds lighter my 15 tow boss came / 4:30 and with stock 245's still not bad at highway speeds !

JRLott

Reaction score
You mean the thread talking only about part numbers and not the actual drive ability with 38" tires

Yes that one...obviously some have been doing it, so the answer to your question would be yes. Since you never actually asked about the drivability. LOL
Just messin with ya. I've been trying to find the thread another guy posted about going from 3.31 to the 4.30s. I thought it was a big friggin jump and said I'd go with 4.10, but some one posted that they went with the 4.30s and loved it, especially due to the additional rotating mass. They also said it wasn't that bad on the highway and posted their RPM at highway speeds, and I think they were in the 80-85 mph range. Been trying to find it, but my search has been fruitless thus far.

Last edited:

Coueshunter

Reaction score
I suck at searching. My keywords never work.

430s are a little better on the gear scale then stock but not a crazy difference. I think it will be good enough. I tow a lot but like lifted trucks....

STROKERBO

Reaction score
I suck at searching. My keywords never work.

430s are a little better on the gear scale then stock but not a crazy difference. I think it will be good enough. I tow a lot but like lifted trucks....

I found out by experience that the 4:30's will actually give you less fuel mileage than the 4:56's with 38 inch tires.
But I do have a nice set of Yukon 4:30 rear gears for $100.00 plus the shipping if you are interested.

Coueshunter

Reaction score
I found out by experience that the 4:30's will actually give you less fuel mileage than the 4:56's with 38 inch tires.
But I do have a nice set of Yukon 4:30 rear gears for $100.00 plus the shipping if you are interested.

Is that on an 11+!though

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I have stock gears with my 40". Maybe a little slower off the line but I have S*****N to take care of that. What I like is the cruising at 70-80 mph.....1500-1800rpm. No motor sound just a bit of tire howl, I'm enjoying that.

T_W6.7

Reaction score
4:30's with 37''s is what I went with, actually puts you a little above stock rpm's at 75-80, I would caution against 4:56's or higher in an 11+ seems like you'd be encroaching on the 3000rpm while cruising at 80 pretty quick. As far as part numbers I don't know, call ford and give them your vin and they'll hook you up with everything you need at a price not that much different than yukon or nitro

Jrs6.7

Reaction score
Yes that one...obviously some have been doing it, so the answer to your question would be yes. Since you never actually asked about the drivability. LOL
Just messin with ya. I've been trying to find the thread another guy posted about going from 3.31 to the 4.30s. I thought it was a big friggin jump and said I'd go with 4.10, but some one posted that they went with the 4.30s and loved it, especially due to the additional rotating mass. They also said it wasn't that bad on the highway and posted their RPM at highway speeds, and I think they were in the 80-85 mph range. Been trying to find it, but my search has been fruitless thus far.

I was the one that posted the thread about going from 3.31 to 4.30 with factory e locker. I don't regret it at the least bit. Drivability is great 70 mph puts me at about 19xx rpm. Truck has been running great and got about 5k miles on the gear swap. The extra rpm I feel helped a bit for towing as well as it keeps boost up.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
anybody know how to read/understand the numbers/codes to determine which gear ratio you have? I lost the window sticker at some point in my glovebox and wasn't sure without asking for an oasis report. the truck is a 2011 F350 SRW CCSB Lariat FX4 w/ Ultimate package

Latest posts

Members online