4 link discussion

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
So I'm debating on doing a 4 link front and rear for my 97 F350. So my question is should I run coil overs or run regular coils? what do you guys recommend for each? Now for the links. Should I go for the radius arms style or the parallel 4 link or a variation of a triangulated 4 link? Which is the best? Which one is a better ride? Which will be better on wheel hop? The truck that has given me the idea is Marty garzas truck toys 08 they did and I believe it was OUO suspension.

Iv got my idea slightly put together but and not quite sure on a few details yet. The truck will be on 35s/38s so I need some height with it and it needs to flex out pretty decently without body contact. If I could get like 10-16" of travel that would be great! It will be used for a fun street truck, drag racing, tug a truck, and maybe some mud drags, and some air time here and there. I will be making it all custom so it's all open to any suggestions.

Any details I am missing just shout out what I need to say and it shall be done.

Thanks guys!!!

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
coil style is a wash either way, easier to fine tune coil overs. easier to package coil overs. but a set of 9" lift coils from a 1/2 ton are cheap at broncograveyard.com

dont do a parallel 4 link a 3 link is better if you are staying parallel, radius arms have an inherent bind ( as can a parallel 4 link if you set IC to anything other then ~)

a triangulated will not like a typical crossover steering linkage

I have all the parts for a 3 link for mine come spring

Zmann

Reaction score
well put

if I wanted once and done and not have to cut /space /replace coils to dial in front ride height I would do a coil over or maybe even an air bag

but coils are cheap and so are the shocks to go with them somehow when you wrap the two together the coilover demands a lot more money and your down a truck if the hydraulic end fails while you send it off to get fixed vs a shock swap

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
So your suggesting the coils instead of coil overs? I am thinking 05 coils would be perfect. Opinions?

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.