4 link rear???

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I am going to be starting a race truck project next year. I am doing a lot research and plan on doing a rcsb 2wd with 4 link system in the rear.

Does anyone know of a good "starter" kit or "parts" kit that can be used as a base to adapt to fit our trucks? Or is everything just made from scratch?

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
not sure when it will materialize, but I know some people, have been in contact with trevor at PMF about something along those lines. I would certainly reach out to him

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Thanks. I will talk to Trevour at PMF... I have seen him mentioned a few times but I did not see anything on his website. I know he has front end kits but I was not sure about rear 4link set up for racing (not lift kits)

matt92idi

Reaction score
Pmf had done some custom coilover suspension parts before so I don't see why he wouldn't help you do a 4 link. Or flightfab too

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Tough decisions... I am hoping Matt will chime in with his experience if he reads this.

PMF has already offered to build me a custom 4-link for a very reasonable price. They are semi-local to me.

I have never built a "track truck" before. I have always had a daily driver. I am new to the whole racing thing and studying the rules has got me worried. I was hoping to compete in the super street class... but the 4 link would bump me up to the Pro street class which is just too much for me.

Does anyone have any experience with 2wd trucks getting traction with just slicks and ladder bars? Or is that just impossible?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
4 link is king at the track. But if you want to stay super street its out of the question. Ben used to pull wheelies in his 2wd back in the day not sure what his rear set up was

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I've got a couple guys with slammed 2wds and OUO bolt on bars and slicks running them with great success. Tire pressure will be key!

Thanks... so no 4 link and still able to keep traction. Any guess on HP. We are shooting for around 800hp this year. Hoping for low 11s

KCTurbos

Reaction score
4 link is king at the track. But if you want to stay super street its out of the question. Ben used to pull wheelies in his 2wd back in the day not sure what his rear set up was

I know you said you are not sure about bens setup... but do you at least know if it was 4 link, or some sort of leaf spring setup?

swinky

Reaction score
15" wheels on the rear will help tremendously. Maybe a conversion to drums?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

KCTurbos

Reaction score
15" wheels on the rear will help tremendously. Maybe a conversion to drums?

Being new to this world??? Can you elaborate? I am assuming smaller rims means more rubber, and drums are smaller that disc... but I am just guessing.

swinky

Reaction score
Being new to this world??? Can you elaborate? I am assuming smaller rims means more rubber, and drums are smaller that disc... but I am just guessing.
More sidewall helps the tires not get "shocked" helps 60ft out a lot.

That being said I'm not really sure if going from a 16" wheel to a 15" wheel would be worth the trouble. I'm sure matt can give you some good tire advice.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
All depends on how far you want to take it. The ranger is back halfed,
Shortened 10.5 rear end, 6 piston willwoods, pinion brake, chrome moly anti roll Bar with 31/16/15 tires. Rim is less important than getting the right tire. They make stiff sidewall tires for heavier vehicles and would be recommended for a superduty.

Latest posts

Members online