4 link systems

NotStock

Reaction score
A radius arm/3-link setup acts like a sway bar in its design. This lessens body roll and makes for a little tighter steering response. 4-links generally wont have any bind in them and will thus allow the suspension to act more freely. Thus creating a softer ride.

NotStock

Reaction score
You can increase castor a little to help the truck track better but it will still have a little bit "looser" feel than a 3-link/radius arm setup.

NotStock

Reaction score
Yes, that will tighten up the steering a little regardless of what type of link system you are running.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
We carry Icon and Pure's 4 link kits and also Pure's new replacement arms.

PM me if I can get you a price..better price than some other arms mentioned.

Pre '08 trucks using a 4 link will have more sway as the earlier trucks have a smaller sway bar. You may want to upgrade to a aftermarket bar.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Could it be used yes but it would require modding to fit it better to just get a larger aftermarket bar. But try it first as many customers love the flexibility.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Figured id post a couple pics of my PMF 4 link. Rides great. Smoother than my old three link actually.

a6yhu7uj.jpg

vu5yhesa.jpg

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Pictures of the new quick adjustable arms..no more having to remove a link to adjust Castor.

Attachments

• new 4 link arms.jpg
    new 4 link arms.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 84
  • PP04144-2.jpg
    PP04144-2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 81

BKOESTER26

Reaction score
how much of a difference is there in steering and handling between 3 vs 4 honestly link really bad?

NotStock

Reaction score
No, its not a huge difference but worth noting so the customer can make an informed decision as to whats best for their particular needs.

BKOESTER26

Reaction score
so if i went to 4 link then i would have to beef up the trac bar your saying? i really enjoy the look of the four link but what to do with gaining back the control ?

NotStock

Reaction score
If you were unhappy with the additional body roll the 4-link caused an upgraded sway bar would be your best bet as Cary had mentioned. Hellwig amoung others make a nice OEM replacement bar.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
If you were unhappy with the additional body roll the 4-link caused an upgraded sway bar would be your best bet as Cary had mentioned. Hellwig amoung others make a nice OEM replacement bar.

I've noticed a "slight" difference in body roll. I'm gonna go with a Hellwig too.

bricewise

Reaction score
What all can be done to tighten up steering if sticking with 4 link? Red head steering box and PMF drag link upgrade. Anything else?

Latest posts

Members online