4 link vs. 3 link

zeigler86

Reaction score
Wanted to know what was truly better and why. I like the fact with a 3 link you can use the stock mounts. I wanted to be sure it will completely eliminate hop on my 6.4 on the strip and pulling track

zeigler86

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't figure a 3 link would help much since it works basically like the stock single arm.
What's the best quality 4 link kit for no lift?

MINK

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't figure a 3 link would help much since it works basically like the stock single arm.
What's the best quality 4 link kit for no lift?

I really like PMF products personally.

Rcd and Pure performance also make nice setups.

NotStock

Reaction score
We have tested a few different kinds of joints on the 3-link arms. The ones we provide for most of our kits offer the best ride quality and handling. They do have some give to them which is what provides this. Going to a more solid joint, ie a heim or the like will prevent any flex and really help with wheel hop. This is at the expense of slightly more jarring road manners. The joints can be interchanged with one another as well as rebuilt if needed.

That being said, a if you go with a 4-link, the best bet would be to go with a "short arm". This would be true for stock-3.5" lifted truck. Otherwise the lower 4-link arm hangs down and could be a ground clearance concern. Im finishing up a design for this if you decide to go that route.

B.Warning

Reaction score
River city makes a nice 4 link setup that works with stock up to 4" lift. If your only concern is wheel hop on a track that's what I would go with.

SAK

Reaction score
I would go with the 3 link, it uses the same design principles as the stock radius arms but are adjustable and remove the big bushing at the frame mount where you get some of the hop from.

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online