400hp daily driver?

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
OK I have a 1997 f350 Iam building. I want 400HP but I also want it to be reliable. Here are the mods I am doing

Hutch and harpoon MOD -done
Banjo bolts -on order
Cold air intake. -making my own
3 inches down pipe. -have it allready
Ebv ****** -not yet done
02 intercooler & early 99 spider. -have them already
Stock fuel pump from superduty. - have it already
Regulated return. -making my own

So what injectors would be good for a solid 400HP and will I need to switch to a. 17 degree pump?? My friends all want me to go with the 238/100 hybrids. I was thinking more like 180/100. I am also hoping to get the rsk turbo for my truck come taxt time. Iam going with rosewood injectors. Any help would be great thanks guys

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
What do you do with the truck? Tow heavy? Auto or manual transmission? RSk turbo???

Last edited:

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
Daily driver it's gonna me a 5 speed and I will tow with it not super heavy but the truck will know the load is there. Ian planing on buying a 25 foot goose neck trailer with a 5 foot dove 14k trailer.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I would do a set of 160/30 injectors if you plan on sticking with the stock turbo or a drop in replacement of some sort. Anything more than that injector, and you will need to go a different turbo route. 160/30 injectors will put you very close to 400HP. You will still be able to daily drive, tow heavy, etc. with those injectors. I couldn't imagine trying to tow 14k lbs with 238/100's and a stock turbo on an OBS. That combo is just asking for hot EGT's.

If you do decide to go with the 238's, take a good look at your T4/T4i turbo options. It will really be beneficial to you. We carry a few... https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-powerstroke/ford-powerstroke-7-3l/turbo-upgrades-39/turbochargers.html

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
The injectors I want to go with is 180/100 from Rose wood. The turbo I want is from a vender on here
Here is the spec on the turbo
modeled it after our very successful KC38r turbo.
Rebuildable dual ball bearing
66mm billet 6x6 compressor wheel
76x70 high flow turbine wheel
Ported comp cover with anti-surge housing
1.0ar turbine housing
100% drop in

It's from kg turbos let me know what u think

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
OK I took a look at the fssb turbo I like the kit. How does that turbo stack up against the kc turbo that is a drop in? I really want to go with the 180/100s. I also forgot to say I have a ts 6 chip for the truck. Sorry for all the questions.Iam now looking at buying a rr From irate diesel good kit are bad?? Again. Sorry for all the questions.

superpsd

Reaction score
Do you have a single mass flywheel? If not goin will need to upgrade and install a clutch with a higher rating.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
You would be further ahead to go with 200/100 hybrids. At which point the cost for 238 or 250 /100s is typically the same, so why not leave room to grow and just run a lower pulse width tune. 180/100s really will require big oil to fully utilize. There are plenty of people on here with them that wish they went to hybrids, because the medium oil pumps (T500,adrenaline, etc) won't keep up .

psduser1

Reaction score
OK I took a look at the fssb turbo I like the kit. How does that turbo stack up against the kc turbo that is a drop in? I really want to go with the 180/100s. I also forgot to say I have a ts 6 chip for the truck. Sorry for all the questions.Iam now looking at buying a rr From irate diesel good kit are bad?? Again. Sorry for all the questions.

Can't speak for the turbo, but I have an irate rr, very nice setup!
180 cc injectors will get you there, hp wise, but you'll need more hpo to be be efficient. Probably why the hybrids were recommended to you.
And yes, you will need more clutch, for sure.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

The FSSB turbo is a different animal than the drop in KC turbo. The drop in turbo will work perfect with the 160/30's, but you will see much better results running the FSSB with the 180/100 injectors. The FSSB is very similar to the Borg Warner S364.5 SXE turbo we carry as well. It just has some custom tweaks done by Pius at Bell Turbo.

With larger injectors (180/100's, 238/100's, 250/100's, etc) the T4 style turbo options are the only way to go. There really isn't a drop in turbo that can outperform them. You also have a ton of different turbo options on the T4 platform.

I prefer the Driven Diesel regulated return over the Irate one. They function and work the same, I just like the use of braided line over hard line.

https://www.dp-tuner.com/ford-power...ulated-return-kit-w-fuel-bowl-******-379.html

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
Who makes a good set of 200/100? I do have a single mass fly wheel came with the truck. Iam going with the irate rr. I think when tax time comes I'll get the dp turbo kit(fssb) u talked me into it lol. Think I go with the 238/100. Can u guys at dp reburn my ts chip? Thanks for all the help everyone. I have a bunch of video's and pic's of my project just don't have the net at my house yet to upload them. Hopefully soon I'll be able to. Later guys thanks again

mikeeg02

Reaction score
If youre sold on the 100% nozzles, there's really no point in not getting 250/100s and just having a lower pulse width tune if or until you want more. I ended up with 238/100s as a mistake. But I'm not at all displeased with mine. Mine are from unlimited.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Ordered 238/80s and 238/100s showed up lol. I think most suggest push rods and valve springs @ 40 psi of boost. I did arps, the beehive springs and Smith brothers pushrods. Just to be safe. Good thing with that turbo.

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
Think iam going to go with the 130/60 injectors And use the kc turbo. Money is somewhat tight. I like the dp kit I just can't swing that much cash. Will I still have to do valve springs push rods and head studs? And who makes a good 130/60 injector.

Latest posts

Members online