4R100

HD-tech-NH

Reaction score
Lame, I am thinking about an auto swap in my ZF6 6.4. Was hoping to get by with a stock trans but it doesn't look like that will fly!!! Do you guys know what year trans BTS would want for a core?

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Lame, I am thinking about an auto swap in my ZF6 6.4. Was hoping to get by with a stock trans but it doesn't look like that will fly!!! Do you guys know what year trans BTS would want for a core?

Talked to Brian last week and he said the core is part of the trans cost. He said it works out better so the customer does not have to ship a core back in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
No, theres a 1,000 core. Just like on every trans.

No, you can keep it if you want for an extra grand.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, a core is always matched with the part you're buying.

For example you can NOT take an alternator off your 93 cavalier to use a core for a 7.3 alternator. Just as a 4wd, non pto(maybe this part doesnt matter), 4r100 has to be traded if that is what you are asking for.

The core charge is simple. They set the price at 1k$ not.because that is what a trashed case is worth but rather to ensure that everyone but the foolish or people.with another use will return the.core so.they can keep building. You think they wanna go out searching for cores? That could really make things expensive quick.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Chelsea's Excursion has over 100k on it, with a 4r100HD... 350-370hp...

But otherwise I would tend to agree, about 270-300hp

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Chelsea's Excursion has over 100k on it, with a 4r100HD... 350-370hp...

But otherwise I would tend to agree, about 270-300hp

Do they make the 4r100HD anymore? I was impressed in the couple I have had experience with, but seems like most Ford guys don't know what I am talking about.
I would trust a 4r100HD to 400hp....actually I have seen them make close to 500 (but probably didn't like it at all).

TyCorr

Reaction score
They did as of yesterday. 3600. The hd rebuild not the standard duty.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Totally different clutches. Additional.clutches. More splined area on the forward.drum. Triple disc torque.converter(allegedly similar to the 6L's). Heavier duty clutch linings. Different valvebody. Manual low and reverse have double pressure(im assuming they mean holding pressure or perhaps the gearing is.lower and they misspoke).

It seems to my untrained.eyes its built similar to the torqshift in terms of durability. It seems stout.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Totally different clutches. Additional.clutches. More splined area on the forward.drum. Triple disc torque.converter(allegedly similar to the 6L's). Heavier duty clutch linings. Different valvebody. Manual low and reverse have double pressure(im assuming they mean holding pressure or perhaps the gearing is.lower and they misspoke).

It seems to my untrained.eyes its built similar to the torqshift in terms of durability. It seems stout.

It is stout... Shifting is still very soft stock. I like it better with DI's tunes now then I did with the Elite tunes...

Need to get some updated tuning on it one of these days.

None the less, its held up good for us.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It was definitely a consideration and I was even going to pick.smaller injectors to suit it. Im not trying to.wreck a new trans.

ghohouston

Reaction score
bts has you send 2 checks. one for the trans price, and one for the core price. the core check never gets cashed unless they dont get your core back.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
What power level will a stock 4R100 handle?

My 7.3 stock 4R100 is holding 450 but I quote "Its not going to last long" its Already slipping 1-2 has a long pause and it runs at 250 degrees. I'm trying to make this trans last long though babying it most of the time. Did I mention it only has 24,000 miles and its only 2 years old.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, you needed a shift kit, a converter, and trans tuning a while ago. Mine will.get hot too. Its burning the seals out of it.

Latest posts

Members online