4x4 light flashing

ricg

Reaction score
I went fishing last weekend and ended up getting stuck. When i switch it to 4hi the 4x4 indicator and the tcs light started flashing. I then tried 4lo and got the same result. I went through the (put it in netural and step on the brake then put it in lo) process and never could get it to engage. My hubs are locked in as well...i have checked all the fuses and relays and all checked out good.. i also notice when i put it in 4wd i do hear the transfer case motor switch or the vacum pump click on.. need help !!

Thanks,

89xj

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen after a hard night of boosted launches. Also no tcs light cause my truck doesn't have trac control. Check the connector that goes into the 4x shift motor on the side of the tcase. Mine wiggled loose somehow. I put mine into the 4wd position in neutral with the truck running an e brake on tight an wiggled the connector an it went into 4x.

ricg

Reaction score
I tried that yesterday and still no luck. There are two plugs on the the transfercase motor correct? what are they for?

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
We figured it out tonight. We pulled the motor off my t-case and tried on his and everything worked. Looks like he has to buy a new 4x4 motor.

Latest posts

Members online