5-600 Hp Build.?

Pure Evil

Reaction score
I getting ready to show some much needed love to my 97. But after searching a couple different forums I never came across a thread where some one said they had a fun to drive 5-600 hp truck with out alot of bitching about why someone ran twins as oppesed to a single or how its laggy but fun to drive after the 5 minutes it takes to spool. As for the truck in question it is not a daily driver nor will it ever tow or tote anything around but me. I am after any insight/suggestions into a fun to drive 5-600hp 7.3 build. The truck is also on 38-44" inch tires and know that I would need to re-up the E4od(again) for these power levels or would I be better off sticking a 6speed in the truck? Thanks

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
We Just finished one just a tad under 600..fun yes!
Stick shift would not make for a fast truck so no reason for big HP. You need either a BTS or a JW trans..we are a BTS dealer. Using the correct parts it will spool fast..this one spooled great with 1 turbo and we are at 5000'

If I can help you get whats you need to build your OBS correctly the first time please PM me.

Cary

Cary

Wackerjr

Reaction score
Wide Open has many of these trucks running around...

talk with 00rich... he has dyno'd 520+ multiple times stock block, not even headstuds.... single turbo, will pull anything, do anything you need. and run low 13's high 12's all day long...

a good set of 200 cc injectors, gqssb turbo, bts trans, Terminator duals, Jodys tunes... 525hp and been daily driven with no issues for going on 4 years now....IMO the best setup you can have on a daily driven PSD.

Pure Evil

Reaction score
Easy on the Cobra comments there JJ. Give you all the time and break you need once you get the race truck going and boom chutes in your face... But I'll call you so you can get me some parts for this pig coming.

All right on topic, thanks for the replys and Im surprised to hear the kind words towards the automatic mine has always just felt like a slosh box but I will give it another shot.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
My set up is a daily driver that tows as well with zero issues. I have a daily perma grin.

Short Bus

Reaction score
S366 or maybe slightly larger
Irate mounting kit
Studs and valve springs
238/200 hybrid injectors
Adrenaline or srp1 hpop
Electric fuel system with a walboro pump
BTS trans
Probably be wise to upgrade intake plenums to 3" while you have the engine stripped down

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
GQSSB,
250/100
BTS,
headstuds at a minimum
tyrant tunes
any high flowing intake..
fuel system from any of the sponsors, t1000 hpop when they are available.

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Let us know also if we can help. I am a terminator engineering dealer so getting you a great deal on the oil side of things is no problem.

Also might have a injector in mind that will keep you extremely happy. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, more than willing to answer questions even if you are months out on actually purchasing!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Building a stout 7.3 now. Block, pistons, girdle and heads at swamps.

Short Bus

Reaction score
Let us know also if we can help. I am a terminator engineering dealer so getting you a great deal on the oil side of things is no problem.

Also might have a injector in mind that will keep you extremely happy. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions, more than willing to answer questions even if you are months out on actually purchasing!

Good god at least go to Psn and spread stupidity so I don't have to see it.

00Rich

Reaction score
WOP GQSSB Turbo, Terminator Dual HPOS, Strictly Diesel Fuel System, DP Tuner F8 Chip, WOP Stage II 200cc injectors, BTS Transmission, 4" Dual Exhaust, AFE Stage II intake. Been running it for 4 years now makes 520+ with no issues

Bigsexy

Reaction score
Rich you made 520 with stage 2 injectors? I didn't think you needed duel pumps for stage 2s. I didn't think you could get ove 450 with stage 2 injectors

Latest posts

Members online