5" rear springs-REMOVED stock block-pinion angle

SledDogg

Reaction score
02' F250 super cab 4x4 265-75-16 tires. Front has about 2-2.5" of lift. I had a broken rear main spring. Since I've had these 5" Pro Comp lift springs I had them installed. I had the stock 2" block installed ATOP the lift springs, then the stock overload springs installed, and finally the stock over load block like piecee. It now actually sits with the rear above the front. No more dragging ass. My pinion angle is off now. Pinion is almost straight with the driveshaft instead of a slight downangle. Needs ideas for proper shim (angle °) and would I need a carrier bearing drop? Its the equivlent of 2.5-3" lift per hitch height increase.

AllanB

Reaction score
Not sure just how high your sitting with all that. But when I put a 6" lift on my 04, yes I did have to shim the carrier bearing. The shims did not come with the kit and you don't want to buy them from Ford. They are very proud of them. I bought 1 shim which was IIRC 1/4" and it was about $25 maybe a little more. Then I copied it and built my own just like it in different sizes. I think I dropped my C bearing about 3 1/2" or so. Took all the vibration out. Had to buy some longer bolts also.

Latest posts

Members online