500hp OBS worktruck build

JD3020

Reaction score
After reading Brians thread and buying some body parts I figured I'd start my worktruck build thread as well, maybe get some info or advice, but mainly so i can keep track of what i'm doing. LOL

Background- My brother and i are full-time on our own this year doing lawn irrigation, outdoor lighting, and some small drainage projects. Been doing this stuff all our lives, dad had a business for 23+ years till he sold it when i was 15. Long story short my brother started and ran the irrigation division for a landscape company we worked closely with, and i actually ended up working for this past summer. We've also been doing some work on the side, and made the move to go completely on our own in the fall. Currently looking like we'll be working 7 days a week until mid summer just to keep up with the work we have currently, and will be buying another truck and hiring a 3rd person full time. But for now i need a truck to work out of, so here I am.

Heres how its been pretty much all winter.
1011099_10203115200743354_992211601_n.jpg

Main specs of the engine are in my sig, nothing really major. Makes for a pretty good running truck, put 4k miles on this winter with it hooked to a trailer 80% of the time and its ran flawlessly. Id like to rework the fuel system and add a 2nd pump for a back-up, put an actual HPOP on it, studs, and get a S471/83 or similar turbo. Again, nothing major. :D

The bed design hasn't been nailed down yet, but it won't be anything special. Just your typical SRW bed, underboxes in the front, possibly some behind the wheels if there is room. On top i'll have contractor boxes running down 2/3 of each side, with some storage racks on top, fuel tank up in the center, pipe rack, and some other things. On the top everything will be easily removable so i can have an empty bed if needed. Really like how this looks.
truck_flatbed-5.jpg

I think i've got the rest figured out though. I've got air bags for the rear. Bought a clean cab last night, currently tracking down doors and fenders. As of right now i think i'm going to go with an orange/white, or a orange/cream 2 tone. Bed will be PTM, with aluminum boxes. Currently in love with this.
rethwisch_zps46f10459.jpg

End goal is a great looking and driving truck, be able to work out of it during the week, use it on the farm when needed, and still be able to play a little on the weekend.

Latest posts

Members online