• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

55 Bel Air Businessman's Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nj67

Reaction score
My father in law has had this car since high school. Every year is the year he's gonna fix it up. Has original motor ..289. DOES NOT RUN. Motor turns but no go. No time to work on it. All original glass and body panels. Have all chrome pieces. Not sure of a price?? I've seen these go for $8k in pieces. This is a rare car that's all original and all together. With plugs gas and new or cleaned carb it'll fire up.

anapa4y8.jpg

ysupejar.jpg

ba4aza5a.jpg

If you'd like a specific picture let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nj67

Reaction score
Yep. It's a 265. I'm gonna post pics of engine and interior tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

loboost

Reaction score
What does the passenger valve cover say? Looks like a "T"?

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Those are mickey thompson valve covers. Kinda the standard for aftermarket valve covers back in the day :)

521turbo

Reaction score
The engine in it is a big block. 396,427,454 Or does it come with the original small block 265.

weazel

Reaction score
That is not the original motor, that is a big block chevy, they did not start casting those until 1965, car is sweet though, if I had the dough I would jump on it

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Nj67

Reaction score
I don't have the specifics on this car but I can found out anything from my father in law. I know he did some tinkering with the motor but he says its the original 265 with some goodies. I believe he has all the original motor parts as well. I was informed that we'd be starting to work on this project again but it's still for sale?? Lol. If anyone is serious I will put u in direct contact with him. I'm sure he'd come down a little or work with whoever buys it. If u guys have any ?'s post them and I'll get u an answer. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nj67

Reaction score
Well... Like I said... We did a search on these before and saw alot of them in worse shape sell for $6k-$8k. Those were in pieces with no motor .. no rear... etc. Not alot in this shape... I've heard him say he wouldn't take less then $15k but I'm sure he'd come down some.

weazel

Reaction score
I don't have the specifics on this car but I can found out anything from my father in law. I know he did some tinkering with the motor but he says its the original 265 with some goodies. I believe he has all the original motor parts as well. I was informed that we'd be starting to work on this project again but it's still for sale?? Lol. If anyone is serious I will put u in direct contact with him. I'm sure he'd come down a little or work with whoever buys it. If u guys have any ?'s post them and I'll get u an answer. Thanks.

I will bet you the car that is a big block and not the original motor, notice the 7 valve cover bolts, small blocks have 4 also the size of it is a good indicator

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

Binder man

Reaction score
I'd love to have it BUT I think 15 is wayyy high.

And yes that is a BBC not a 265..

Nj67

Reaction score
Forgot we had the car on here. Lol. Car sold locally for $11.5k. Well... guy drive from tenn to pick up.
Mods please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online