• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

5R110 Full Billet Elite stage 3 trans & converter

Wayne

Reaction score
Looking to sell my transmission and Sun Coast Extreme duty torque converter from my '08 6.4. I recently put all stock drivetrain in the truck, and will be selling it. I had plans to use this in my 6.4 excursion project, and still will if it doesn't sell, but I'm hoping to build another when I get around to it. As such, I WILL need a good rebuildable transmission and converter back as cores. This transmission was built in early '13, and has about 16K miles of use on it. I pulled the pan when I pulled it from the truck, and everything looked great. It is now sitting on my shop floor ready to ship. Here's Elite's description of what's included:

"Stage 3:
Our H/D trans with all our Billet Internals. H/D Billet input shaft, Intermediate Shaft, Overdrive Planetary, and Low/Reverse Hub. This trans is the ultimate setup for daily driven trucks that have good power and are used for towing heavy loads. Designed for reliable use up to 700hp."

It also has a brand new mag-hytec pan set up for the late '08-'10 filtration (no filter under bell housing). If you have an early '08 or an '03-'07 6.0, the trans will still work, but not the pan. If this is what you have, PM me for details, and I can either supply a new proper pan, or discount the price, and send it with a stock steel pan.

The torque converter is the strongest on the market to my knowledge, built to handle power beyond what the standard billet triple disc converters will do. Mine has been modified slightly with a different stator for efficiency, so it's not exactly as suncoast sells it. It has near stock stall speed (might be about 50 rpm's high), and can handle all the power I've been able to throw at it. I'm not totally sure, but I believe the billet flexplate I will include is required to fit, as the cover is too large to fit inside a stock flexplate.

Prices on trans and converter are as follows:

Transmission w/o converter:
List: $5815
Sell: $4400
Core: $1500

Transmission w/ converter & Elite billet flexplate:
List: $5815 + $1800 + $750 = $8365
Sell: $5900
Core: $1800
Discount of $200 if you already have a flexplate that will work, and don't want mine. $250 discount if you don't want the pan.

Torque converter w/ flexplate:
List: $1800 + $750 = $2550
Sell: $1400 for converter only, or $1650 for both.
Core: $300 I will not sell the flexplate by itself unless the converter is sold first.

I can offer a flat freight fee (only in the lower 48 states, standard ground) of $200 to you (not to you, and back with cores) on the transmission with or without the converter, and $50 freight on converter if you buy just that.

Contact me for payment method if you intend to buy. If you don't want to pay a core deposit, you can send me your stuff first. Otherwise I will need the core money. I will refund core charges within 2 business days of receipt of satisfactory condition cores. I should also mention that this transmission has worked flawlessly for me for the past 16K miles, and with fluid in good condition, and no damage any shafts, I am very confident in it's condition. The parts do not come with any warranty from Elite Diesel or Suncoast (I am not affiliated with either), but I will personally guarantee everything I listed is in good operating condition. Custom tuning will be required to have the transmission perform properly. I had gearhead tunes, and they worked great. If you buy the trans, and throw it in a truck with canned tunes, there is a possibility it will shift too firmly. If you allow this to continue, it could break a shaft. I will not take responsibility for that. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Wayne

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the actual transmission & torque converter. The flex plate is still on the engine, but I can get pics posted later
IMG_20140307_090953_064.jpg

IMG_20140307_091002_596.jpg

IMG_20140307_085637_730.jpg

IMG_20140307_085558_481.jpg

IMG_20140307_091422_645.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
My engine will be in front of this trans.

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.