5R110 question

Vengeance

Reaction score
No I didn't. As you can see I am a new around here, But thank you:thumbup:
Hopefully I will get to know most of you here.

I guess it helps if I read his sig.:lame2: please disregard my last post.

No worries, Mark has been around for so long, even us old timers are in awe of his aged stature.

kiddin Mark!

chevota84

Reaction score
How much torque will a 5r take in stock form? Would a triple disk, input, altos and the high pressure solenoid increase this number significantly or is there something else mechanical that would fail under power?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Its too much for it, they break at that daily level.

If you drive it like you stole it then yes it will break, even in stock form. If you drive like you have a brain then it'll be fine for a long long time. Lots of guys run their big tunes for DD tunes and have no issues whatsoever.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
How much torque will a 5r take in stock form? Would a triple disk, input, altos and the high pressure solenoid increase this number significantly or is there something else mechanical that would fail under power?

If you're willing to put that many parts at the 5R110 then I'd suggest getting a whole new BUILT tranny and make sure everything is new. If you're not going for any big power then don't mess with the tranny and just take care of it. A healthy tranny is a happy tranny lol.

chevota84

Reaction score
I should be at around 12-1300 ft lbs and 650hp, I can't seem to find a whole of info about the 5r and holding up to power.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you're willing to put that many parts at the 5R110 then I'd suggest getting a whole new BUILT tranny and make sure everything is new. If you're not going for any big power then don't mess with the tranny and just take care of it. A healthy tranny is a happy tranny lol.

i like driving the **** outta it. 6.4 power will kill it

chevota84

Reaction score
What all do they put in a built 5r? Is it shafts and clutches or is there some major reworking done too?

Latest posts

Members online