5R110 Shifting ?

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
This morning on my way to work I was accelerating (60% TP) down the on ramp, the trans didn't shift into 4th. If just stayed hung up in 3rd. I had to shift to neutral then back to drive before it would shift properly. It has only done this once.

I installed a new solenoid p/n 4C3Z-7G383 about two months ago to help with the 3-4 shift flare. It seem to fix the flare.

What would cause the tranny to hang up in 3rd?

It seems to shift fine at normal accelerating conditions at 30-50% TP.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The only way I know to find out why is to use a scan tool that can look at live data to see what's happening. It could be a lot of things.

STROKEDOUT

Reaction score
I had a buddy of mine check for codes using a Modis scan tool. He didn't find any codes and we couldn't get the tranny to act up.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
This morning on my way to work I was accelerating (60% TP) down the on ramp, the trans didn't shift into 4th. If just stayed hung up in 3rd. I had to shift to neutral then back to drive before it would shift properly. It has only done this once.

I installed a new solenoid p/n 4C3Z-7G383 about two months ago to help with the 3-4 shift flare. It seem to fix the flare.

What would cause the tranny to hang up in 3rd?

It seems to shift fine at normal accelerating conditions at 30-50% TP.

unless it was customed tuned to do so,or cold enough? your trans shifts 3-5,not 3-4. fyi

Latest posts

Members online