6.0 blue spring kit and 6.4 banjo bolt swap

JoshFulk

Reaction score
Ok I am about to remove the upper fuel bowl to do blue spring kit and paint. I am also doing the swap to 6.4 banjo bolts. Does anyone have any good instructions or warnings for when I go to do this on my 2005 F250 6.0
Thanks ahead of time I'm trying to do some of these some upgrades myself.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
No need to remove the fuel bowl to do it, I get a pry bar to hold the rad hose out of the way then long 1/4 drive extension with swivel.

loboost

Reaction score
No need to remove the fuel bowl to do it, I get a pry bar to hold the rad hose out of the way then long 1/4 drive extension with swivel.

I think he wants to add some color to it as well.

But as stated no need to pull it to do the spring..

Put that 50 bucks towards a reg return instead.

JoshFulk

Reaction score
I'm doing the blue spring replace basically due to a leak at that gasket so I figured do the spring kit and 6.4 swap at same time. Well crap I see now oil filter and fuel bowl are attached so guess it will be a paint in place

JoshFulk

Reaction score
I got a good deal on the whole package. the price I paid I basically got the banjo bolts for free. I'm just looking for any lessons learned of what not to do or good tips for install.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Take your time. Put zip ties on the fuel lines to prevent the nuts from falling down. Be patient and make sure you torque the banjos properly based on whatever washer came with them.

JoshFulk

Reaction score
Thanks for the help found a couple good youtube vids. I did the Blue spring kit upgrade but didn't do the 6.4 banjo bolts yet. May install them when I get to the point of installing a Regulated fuel return kit in. I will have to say the Plastic Intercooler pos :cursing: will be going I like the Banks Ram Intake set up for that plus it matches the start of my engine paint job then every time I have to take that off it doesn't take everything I have to put it back on. I ended up using pry bar to push it then tied a strap off close to the end of the plastic pipe and had the Wife pulling just to get another direction to force that onto the metal intake piece.

Latest posts

Members online