6.0 blue spring mod...pressure dropping more then before

OBS73

Reaction score
Just got done installing my blue spring mod and taking it for a drive. Cruising it seemed fine, FP stayed at about 65psi (up from 54psi before). When I used to hit WOT I would drop to about 45psi, now when I floored it getting on the freeway my gauage plummeted to like 34psi in a quick second and I lifted my foot up off the pedal. Can the blue springs be defective, it seemed plenty stiff when I was pulling it from the package and installing. I have no fuel leaks after install either.

tkobes43

Reaction score
I just bought my blue spring as well... Hope i dont have these issues! Did you find the problem?

Tom

swinky

Reaction score
What most people don't understand is that a blue spring will do nothing if your fuel pressure is falling. You can put a damn spring in there that makes 80 psi at idle but if the pump is only flowing enough to give you 30psi at wot then that's what you're going to get.

zshier17

Reaction score
^^^ what he said. When i put my blue spring in, it only really adjusted the idling pressure. It was around 57-59ish and now it sits around 62-63. Either way, WOT was 56-58psi regardless. I would say thats acceptable, however i'll be putting in a 6.4 lift pump anyways lol, but i also want to put in a filter/water separator system too.

tkobes43

Reaction score
What most people don't understand is that a blue spring will do nothing if your fuel pressure is falling. You can put a damn spring in there that makes 80 psi at idle but if the pump is only flowing enough to give you 30psi at wot then that's what you're going to get.

10-4, thanks for clearing this up!

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

equalizier

Reaction score

i completely agree but the blue spring can be duplicated and save your self 40/50 buck.just take a bb and put it behind the spring and bingo you have roughly 65-70 psi works like a charm and take the restrictor out of the fuel bolts or get 6.4 banjos and you will make them injectors very happy not to mention your truck.

matt92idi

Reaction score
I used the blue spring but I found that my truck actually ran better without it. Smoother idle and better mpgs. And I don't mean a few tenths.

equalizier

Reaction score
I used the blue spring but I found that my truck actually ran better without it. Smoother idle and better mpgs. And I don't mean a few tenths.

never herd that one do you have any idea why do you have new injectors exc i know that makes a big difference.

bretferd

Reaction score
I put the blue spring in my truck before I had a fuel pressure gauge. When I put the gauge on it was reading 80psi, so I put the stock spring back in and now it sits at 60psi. Mine runs quieter at 60psi then 80psi. Not sure about fuel mileage though. Also at 60psi I had less fuel pressure drop then at 80psi, I'm running 205/85s on stock fuel so it doesn't hold pressure to well at WOT.I think people need to check fuel pressure before putting in the blue spring, it might not be needed.

matt92idi

Reaction score
never herd that one do you have any idea why do you have new injectors exc i know that makes a big difference.

No still stock injectors not new either. I didn't have a gauge when I did the blue spring but I know with my stock one it was around 52 psi and my truck loves it. I set mine at 52 with my reg return and could just tell from driving I was doing way better on mileage just from the trip meter. I need to play with it more to be more exact. We don't need huge amounts of fuel pressure but we need constant pressure at high rpms.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
I put the blue spring in my truck before I had a fuel pressure gauge. When I put the gauge on it was reading 80psi, so I put the stock spring back in and now it sits at 60psi. Mine runs quieter at 60psi then 80psi. Not sure about fuel mileage though. Also at 60psi I had less fuel pressure drop then at 80psi, I'm running 205/85s on stock fuel so it doesn't hold pressure to well at WOT.I think people need to check fuel pressure before putting in the blue spring, it might not be needed.

You had a bigger drop at 80 because the pump is only going to put out so much so obviously if your pump will only do 40 psi a 60-40 drop is less then an 80-40 drop.

swinky

Reaction score
Like said
You had a bigger drop at 80 because the pump is only going to put out so much so obviously if your pump will only do 40 psi a 60-40 drop is less then an 80-40 drop.
Yes yes
With the blue spring in it would drop to about 10psi now with the stock spring it will drop to about 20-25psi.
Say the pump is flowing 50gph and your injectors need 75gph to maintain pressure. It doesn't matter if you regulated it to 100psi if your pump isn't moving enough volume to support the injector you're going to drop pressure.

bretferd

Reaction score
Like said

Yes yes

Say the pump is flowing 50gph and your injectors need 75gph to maintain pressure. It doesn't matter if you regulated it to 100psi if your pump isn't moving enough volume to support the injector you're going to drop pressure.

I understand. I know I won't hold fuel pressure until I get a better fuel pump. I was just telling my experience between the blue spring and stock spring.

Latest posts

Members online